Caribou Gear

Eastern Montana towns to avoid

The OP: "How's the hunting?"
Hunt Talk: "The beer's good!"
Never hunted in MT, but have spent some time there for work and enjoyed the local brews. Also have a definite soft spot for anything named after native fish.

Well wont be missing the Iowa rut. Biggest bow buck to date .... and No im not hunting some Iowa dream farm with 100s of acres of timbers and with food plots and box blinds. Between combining and running the grain cart snuck out this morning while the combine was broke down. . Carried the tree stand in and hung it in the dark . I have 5 old tree stands from the cheapest place I can get them. Have for years.... Been bow hunting for 10 years and never got one like this . Out getting it done on farm ground with cattle ran on it and multiple people with permission. - on to Montana

2019bowbuck.jpg

Last edited:
isu22andy.....Way to go young man! That is a beautiful whitie! Hope that you have a safe and enjoyable trip to Montana. Not saying that it can't happen, but you will most likely NOT see a buck of that caliber on your trip to Montana.

Mtnhunter1

isu22andy.....Way to go young man! That is a beautiful whitie! Hope that you have a safe and enjoyable trip to Montana. Not saying that it can't happen, but you will most likely NOT see a buck of that caliber on your trip to Montana.

Mtnhunter1
Thanks - Haha we arent really expecting it . We are after the fun and adventure. If we shoot anything big thats just a bonus.

I was tricked out of about $120 at a bar in Terry one time. 'Course I knew it was going to get ugly when blue liquor was being poured. That town is has probably the highest number of sarcastic people I've ever come across, easily one of my favorite towns in EM.
I have relatives in Terry. Spent a lot my youth floating down the river hunting agates. I love the area

All beer out here is region dependent. Anything along the highline is either Old Milwaukee light or Busch. Southeast is High Gravity, that shit will send you to the moon. Everything Bozeman west to Idaho is IPA country. Dependent on local breweries.

All beer out here is region dependent. Anything along the highline is either Old Milwaukee light or Busch. Southeast is High Gravity, that shit will send you to the moon. Everything Bozeman west to Idaho is IPA country. Dependent on local breweries.

I was in Glasgow last week. The brewery was closed. Settled for Old Milwaukee light at the Montana bar. Hadn't had that beer in years and didn't even know they still made it. Got in on some Eugene's pizza as well. Great pizza.....not sure if it is the states best.

beer.jpg

Excellent deer. I miss midwest whitetails, but I don't miss spending a lot of time in a tree stand.
SECOND THAT BROTHER!! I actually don't miss midwest whitetails, I just miss the smell of the crisp fall air while the combines are running corn and soybeans. If I don't sit another SORE-ASS second in a tree stand for the rest of my days on this earth I don't care. Dang to think of the hours and hours I sat my ass in a tree while my butt cheeks went numb....

I was in Glasgow last week. The brewery was closed. Settled for Old Milwaukee light at the Montana bar. Hadn't had that beer in years and didn't even know they still made it. Got in on some Eugene's pizza as well. Great pizza.....not sure if it is the states best.

View attachment 118784
It is, in fact, the best pizza in the state and OML is the best way to wash it down. Everything else in Glasgow sucks though.😉

Reactions: JEL
A few years back we stopped in the Brockway Supper Club after a long day of hunting. Ordered a double cheeseburger, served with one beef patty and two pieces of cheese! I think they have a hard time finding good help there..

View attachment 118784
Old mill flows like fine wine up there. I always leave with an extra 30 rack every time I pass through.

Reactions: JEL
If I was a single man Glasgow would be the place I call home...... or Saskatchewan.

Back