Early morning or late night drive?

Drive down tonight or Leave early tomorrow?

• Drive for 4:30 tonight to arrive at 9:00 pm

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • Drive for 3:45 in the morning to arrive by 7:00 am

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters

2rocky

Got an event with my horse tomorrow morning. Three full days starting at 9:00 am and going into dark.
I'll be sleeping there on a cot in my trailer. I don't have to cook, food is provided.
I've never been there before but I understand I have a horse pen available.
Travel tonight and arrive in dark, or start ultra early and have a long day?

generally, i just look at what option provides the most hours for sleep when faced with these questions.

but there are more factors than that for sure sometimes. but i always start at how do I get the most sleep?

I usually like to leave home early in the morning and arrive with daylight, then leave wherever I'm at late, letting me pack up in the daylight.

As for the Sleep question, I didn't sleep well last night because of a trailer wiring problem that I had rectified this morning. I arrive tonight, I'll have to find the place, set up my horse and bed in the dark. I figure 11pm. Where as if I arrive in the morning I get through the Bay area before the commute and it is breaking day when I arrive. But my horse starts the first day after a 4 hour trailer ride....

Don’t know jack about horses but personally I don’t like to drive late at night. I would prefer to wake up early and start driving. A couple hours in the dark is way better than all night in the dark for me

Another vote for leaving early... I'd rather not arrive somewhere at 9pm. I have countless times, but arriving somewhere at 7am is more fun than 9pm.

Depending on how you sleep, you would get to sleep in your own bed another night then. That has to beat a night on a cot in a horse trailer...

I'm not a morning person. I would 100% leave the night before and get more sleep in the AM. Also gives you more fudge factor if something happens on the drive in.

Plus what if something dumb happens like you blow trailer tire. If u leave in morning and don't leave yourself time for a set back you might be late.

Always early. If the drive is long enough I leave at 2am fairly often. Nobody is on the roads, get to where you’re going at sunrise. Of course I’m basically a 90 year old man and prefer to go to sleep at 8-8:30pm if I can.

If Im ready to go I go. I never wait to leave If I can get to bed by 10:00 or 11:00.
I try not to disrupt my normal routine too much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back