Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Dude.. Yeh ? or NEy ?

"... so chill the #*^@#* out." (Whiskers)

LMAO...Whiskers, do you not see your request as contraindicative?:D

Hey Whiskers,

Dont have a stroke dude, but, heres a story that will likely upset you.

After a successful antelope hunt near home in the subaru outback, the wife and I pulled into the check station with a good buck she had killed earlier in the day.

The warden at the check station in Medicine Bow must have been a fan of the POS old dodges too...as well as a "real" outdoorsman.

He was grinning, almost laughing, when my wife and I pulled into the check station in the subaru outback.

The smirk left his face when my wife showed him this buck that she killed and hauled home in the yuppie car (cape/head in one gamebag, meat in the other): It was the best buck he'd checked on opening day.

Pats02ant.JPG

I've never given much of a shit about the vehicles I drive hunting. The wildlife doesnt seem to care much either.

He was grinning, almost laughing, when my wife and I pulled into the check station in the subaru outback.

Dude, it's the hat !
nothing at all wrong with a woman driving a subaru outback.....its a chick car.

JB,

I'm tough enough to wear the hat in question and drive a subaru...while sipping a starbucks "brataccino"...with my Jack Russell riding shotgun.

...and dont you forget it.

I'm just going to get an older Toyota 4x4 pickup - narrow enough to get most places and it has a heater, unlike a Yamaha Rhino, Polaris Ranger, etc. Plus it has a usable bed in the back. Trick it out with useful after-market stuff like shocks, tires, winch, etc and it will go just about anywhere a CJ will. It won't cost much more than one of those new "UTV's, either.

LMAO...Whiskers, do you not see your request as contraindicative?

Yup, read on here where I said most of the shit on here is in jest anyway.

Buzz, to each their own, I don't care if you ride a bicycle carrying a moose across the handlebars. My original comment was that most of those guys are yuppies, and (here we go again) Filson wearing homos.

JB,

I'm tough enough to wear the hat in question and drive a subaru...while sipping a starbucks "brataccino"...with my Jack Russell riding shotgun.

...and dont you forget it.

He ain't making that scenario up...I've seen it.;)

Whiskers, I'm tough enough to wear my Double Mac Filson....but maybe not Buzz's Fudd hat.:D

I don't know about the Fudd hat, but that picture of him wearing some gay looking thing on his head while holding a bunch of furs was not a hat, it was a coming out statement.

Whatever happened to your Bronco II project? John

Not sure but I guess that must be directed at me? If so, I've still got it, and drive it to work every day. It's a nice little rig as is for a daily driver and for scouting trips in the spring/summer. I didn't use it for hunting this year for a couple reasons. One, I don't have total faith in it and don't want to break down or have any kind of problem while hunting. After all it does have 237,000 miles on it. Second, for the same reasons Big Sky was talking about, it's nice to have a pickup for hauling critters. This year I really only hunted elk. I had an elk in quarters loaded in my truck on Saturday, and the next Sunday another elk that we only halved. Wouldn't have been as easy or convenient throwing all that meat and other junk in the back of the little Bronco. But it definitely has its purpose. When I have the time and money it will get upgraded and will then be more off road ready and reliable.

I've been a believer in a pickup for hunting since the late 70's. I had a 72 Blazer that we took hog hunting. We got 2 public land wild pigs ( a feat in itself) that were pretty skanky, tick-infested, etc. By the end of a 4-hour drive home, the ticks were all over the rig. (We had obviously gutted the pigs, skinned them and had the meat on ice, but the heads and much of the hides were on plastic sheets in the back.) The back wasn't carpeted, but it was still a pain to get the blood, etc. out of it. Plus it is just much easier to be able to reach over the sides of the truck bed rather than only being able to work the load from the front or rear of an SUV cargo compartment.

My older brother used to hunt out of his Subura Brat (was that what they called them?) and it worked okay.

JB,

sipping a starbucks "brataccino

You know the starbucks has spoken outwardly about not supporting the war in iraq and the do not support the troops either, just letting you know the the people at starbucks are not the type of people i would think you want to be associated with

You know the starbucks has spoken outwardly about not supporting the war in iraq and the do not support the troops either, just letting you know the the people at starbucks are not the type of people i would think you want to be associated with

You may want to check the sources of this information...it's wrong. The CEO of Starbucks is pro-Israel and (in the past) has given an anti-Palestine speech. Also, Starbucks has said (with pride) that it's employees have donated hundreds of lbs of coffee to soldiers in both Afghanistan and Iraq. Check out snopes.com.

i'll check my sources, oh wait my sources are that of soldiers that have been in iraq, and recieved letters after the intial donation saying that they no longer support troops or the effort, sorry a website doesn't do shit compared to friends personal expeirence

buzz when receiving a letter in iraq stating that they do not support troops or the war, would you trust a website or someone who has recieved the letter, i could care less about starbucks, i don't drink coffee, but with the number of friends i have serving in the millitary in iraq and affghanistan, and there are alot of them, not a single one of them has seen one of these "donations" from starbucks.

Think what you want to think, but i will trust someone who actually lived through it, rather than read on a website a contradictingpoint of view.

And this arguing is getting niether of us anywhere, so i am done with the topic.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back