Duck Mounts....

Moosie

Grand poopa
I'm looking to put my AK ducks together and do a Corner pedistal mount or something liek that for my office. Meeting with the Taxidermist today. Just wondering if anyone has any good Duck mounts and/or ideas for some Harliquins/buffle heads.... ?

I have a couple water mounts and some flying mounts for home and I could do that... but.... any pictures ? Examples ? or ideas you can Describe to me to get the ideas flowing ?

I dunno, I sort'a like this arrangement.
MI_Weick.jpg

that is a Nice Mount BigSky. thanx.

Oak, I printed out some mounts and the taxidermist had some Ideas combining several of the poses. I thnik I'm gonig to have a Pedistal with a rock sceene on it with water coming down to a lower sceene 6" lower with 6 ducks. One flying in and landing, One in the water, one Pruning, Etc. the deal will go to the corner of my office. We haven't put a Price tag on it... But I hope he'll take payments !! :eek: :eek:

I'm geting excited, but we're a ways out.

Mossie I Just met with your taxidermist. He is interested in the Riverfront Property I just listed here in the Bitterroot . Some thing about being able to retire Off this client he has and all the mounts this guy wants done this year.

Wonder who he is talking about?

I hope to bring back a few next week. Good luck with the payments!!!

What are you talking about ? Right now at he taxidermist I only have :

’05 Idaho Mule deer (1 cape)
’06 Sitka deer (2 capes)
’06 Idaho Bear (Hum-V) (Full Body)
’06 AK Brown Bear (Full Body)
’06 AK Silver Fox (Full Body combo w/ bear mount)
’07 Deer cape only
’07 Elk cape only
’07 ½ body Elk mount

Ducks :
-Harlequin (4 Males, 1 Female)
-Buffle Head (2 Males 1 Female)
-Koot (2 )
-Wood duck
-Wigeon
-Gadwall
-Female merganser

Not like I'm mounting them all..... :p

Oak, You did Well !! I'm taking this picture :

harlequin1.jpg

...and working it into a 8 duck mount mix. It should look good. I have pictures of the progress and it's still in the early stages but looks great. The base and all the roack formation is about done !!!! It will be on a pedistal and 2 waterfalls (NO real running water ((That is another Idea on the Elk mount I'm doing...)) but just the waterfall look). It will be cascading off each side of the mount to a 2nd tier water part. It will be a corner stand for my office. The duck arrangement is still in the works but the base is the tricky part. I'm really excited on the rock in the 2nd tier that will be in the middle of the water that one will be sitting on.... We will have anothr one flying in the Mount coming from the wall portion so it's separate but part of the mount. I might even add an Alder bush forthe Duck to Prune... :BLEEP:

Anyways, Thanx for the links..... the Project is underway !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back