Yeti GOBOX Collection

Duck Decoy Urn

Sorry Rat Fink! I had to put my Black Lab down almost two years ago now. Hardest thing I've ever had to do. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about that dog. My wife and kids have strict orders to put his ashes in my coffin when it's my time. The decoy urn is a great idea. Sorry again for your loss!!!!

That sucks man, I got a shorthair and a lab that are getting there, the short hair maybe has 2 years and the lab about 3 or 4 maybe.....
I am going too have an urn don for my shorthair, it'll be a chukar that I'm going too have done by Don Mintz who own's/runs Body Language Decoys, check him out, he does a super job,
Matt

Jeez guys! GMAFB! Is your current dog the only one you ever owned or whom you loved?
Ol Abe is my once in a lifetime dog....he will be put down by me and buried in a hole I dig in the yard he learned commands in. He earned it.
No Vet, no coffin, no ashes....I love Abe more than any dog I have hunted over---he is best, but spare the ashes in my coffin BS!
Wud it be appropiate here to ask that the gal who gave me the best blow job have her ashes buried with me?

Wud it be appropiate here to ask that the gal who gave me the best blow job have her ashes buried with me?[/QUOTE]

Hell Tom we didn't even know you had a SISTER. . . .:D

Took care of business yesterday afternoon. It had to be done. I held her in my arms until the very end. The part that hurt was her looking at me when I took her out of the kennel to go inside. It was the look of "oh cool dad, someplace new to go and have fun at". She didn't realize what was going on really until it was done. We also put down my wife's old lab that tried to bite our kid a few weeks ago. So we went from four labs to two in a matter of minutes.

Now it's time to start carving as I will have Suzie's ashes in about a week.

Really sorry to hear this, Dustin.

I have three labs and all are getting older and I'm dreading having to deal with this again.

I don't know what I do not having a dog or three around, I'll continue to own dogs but sometimes it is damn hard.

Better days ahead!

It is a tough thread to read for me. An old friend once told me that he wasn't going to get another Lab until he was sure it would out live him! I can't imagine not having them around though--they are the the best creature at making the best out out of every situation even if it just hanging out in the seat next to you looking out the window. I love the decoy urn idea.

Rut Junky, don't have a sister, but you shud meet some my Cuzin's!....blow yur socks off!

I am more sentimental at 70 than I used to be....guess being still alive means sumthin, especially based on not the miles but the stops I have made. Trying to recollect....think I put down one cow, one pony, two horses, any cat that came around, and at least a dozen dogs from personal pets to hunting companions....I love Ol Abe damn near as much as my sons, but when time comes, I will shoot him in head and bury him in backyard and cry a lot!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back