PEAX Equipment

Feeling Green

thomas89

Got out duck hunting with the hopes of a an all green limit. Came close, but a single hen ruined it when she came in with the sun behind her. After that the goal switched to an all mallard limit, and the second hen met her demise. Pintail that didn’t know he wasn’t supposed to decoy well ruined that goal as well. 😉 Stayed true to the initial goal to finish the day and passed on countless gimme wigeon and divers.

Dog did well and had some awesome retrieves. I believe she’s at 60 or so retrieves for the season. Well on our way to the 100 we set out for each season.

Always a joy to find a spot where such lofty goals are even possible, even rarer to fulfill them.

Made the mistake of choosing to pluck out 8 of them, but it does open the door for more culinary options throughout the year. Made for a long evening of cleaning birds and I’m still pretty wore out from it. I think if someone had another good hunt lined up it’d take a few seconds to choose to go compared to the split second it usually takes.

Attachments

• E9B64000-918A-4702-9AC0-76D1596F85DA.jpeg
    E9B64000-918A-4702-9AC0-76D1596F85DA.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 35
Got out duck hunting with the hopes of a an all green limit. Came close, but a single hen ruined it when she came in with the sun behind her. After that the goal switched to an all mallard limit, and the second hen met her demise. Pintail that didn’t know he wasn’t supposed to decoy well ruined that goal as well. 😉 Stayed true to the initial goal to finish the day and passed on countless gimme wigeon and divers.

Dog did well and had some awesome retrieves. I believe she’s at 60 or so retrieves for the season. Well on our way to the 100 we set out for each season.

Always a joy to find a spot where such lofty goals are even possible, even rarer to fulfill them.

Made the mistake of choosing to pluck out 8 of them, but it does open the door for more culinary options throughout the year. Made for a long evening of cleaning birds and I’m still pretty wore out from it. I think if someone had another good hunt lined up it’d take a few seconds to choose to go compared to the split second it usually takes.
Good shoot. What part of the country are you in?

I see your tongue and cheek and I raise you with a "your killing me smalls". A pintail ruined the goal of an all mallard limit. You Shush your mouth with that kinda negativity. Kidding aside awesome hunt and I'm green with envy. see what I did there

Very nice limit indeed! takes me about 1/2 hour per bird, yep that limit was time consuming for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back