Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Dsci

Looks like an animal that was going to be culled anyway and they get 350K for conservation. Sounds win/win if you look at it logically. Only problem is that there isn't a lot of logic floating around these days. :)

Looks like an animal that was going to be culled anyway and they get 350K for conservation. Sounds win/win if you look at it logically. Only problem is that there isn't a lot of logic floating around these days. :)

***Amen to that Bro!

The whole thing seems a bit odd, my biggest concern would be making sure that money gets on the ground and not into the pockets of a corrupt government. "Hunting" a pre selected, marked animal sounds like a mossback situatuon.

If I had F-you money like that and I was truly concerned about conservation of the rhinos I'd throw out a challenge that if any one single person would match my me I'd not fill the tag ...I'd love to hear the crickets after that.

USF&W Wildlife recently allowed a legal import of a black rhino after a long court process. The reasoning was simple, the hunter had given more to their conservation than he had by taking an old cull animal out of the population. Plenty of research was done to ensure that the money he had paid went to the black rhino conservation fund. It did, and he was allowed to import it much to the dismay of many anti groups. I assume this one will be a similar scenario, so good on those that set it and up the hunter that paid for it.

The story was on the CBS morning national broadcast this AM. It actually highlighted the anti-poaching/conservation funding. They did interview one of the protestors and the best he could say was basically, "I'm old, is it OK for someone to hunt me?"

I'm not sure I'd trust sending $350,000 to Namibia, but it's better than letting the rhino die of old age.

The whole thing seems a bit odd, my biggest concern would be making sure that money gets on the ground and not into the pockets of a corrupt government. "Hunting" a pre selected, marked animal sounds like a mossback situatuon.

If I had F-you money like that and I was truly concerned about conservation of the rhinos I'd throw out a challenge that if any one single person would match my me I'd not fill the tag ...I'd love to hear the crickets after that.

This.

Exactly my thought. I would tell everyone that was bitching about it that if they raised the same amount of money for conservation the hunt would be off. Just me, but I don't think there would be much money raising activity on their part...

I think these days, most WASPs just care that you're white. They'll even let in a Catholic if the address is right. :D

About 40 protesters gathered early Saturday evening outside the convention center where the auction and a pre-auction dinner were to take place. They held signs and chanted. Most dispersed by just after 6 p.m. CST.

Strong show of support in the protest...:W:

"Hunting" a pre selected, marked animal sounds like a mossback situatuon.

Did you know that Shockey' buddy Cory Knowlton was the one who bought the rhino?

The same guy who bought the AZ governers tag for $400,000, and hired mossback to find him the state record...

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back