MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Dsci

Anybody that didn't know the shit storm that would come from this had their heads in the sand. The public has a real aversion to these "pay to kill" adventures, whether Lion, Elephant, or in this case, Rhino and now the real benefit of that conservation money gets lost in the bantering between both sides of the issue.
In my opinion, hunters would be better served to stay away from these money raising schemes.

Can someone explain how this is different than the governors tag permits?

Exactly. That guy from Idaho loves to buy Utah tags for stupid amounts including $310 for a deer tag on Antelope Island.

Personally I could shelter, feed, and help a lot of people if I had that kind of discretionary money.

Very much like the auction tags here. Not my thing but if it in some way can help the conservation aspect I can't gripe too much.

Can someone explain how this is different than the governors tag permits?

From what I understand, a specific animal will be chosen not because of its' trophy potential-- as is the case with Governor's tags-- but because even though it is incapable of breeding, it is still trying to maintain a harem, attacking younger males that are still capable of breeding, preventing them from expanding the herd, and potentially killing them in the process. Supposedly, the animal to be taken will be chosen for the shooter according to principals of scientific game management, not to get him a good spot in the record books.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back