Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Drew Unit 19 in Wyoming

Deerhunter6250

I drew a Bull tag in unit 19 in Wyoming and plan on hunting with a bow and gun. I have been research the area. I do not plan on applying in Wyoming again for Elk. If anyone has any knowledge of this unit and would not mind sharing I would appreciate it very much. Have maps of the area already. You can PM me or all me at 712-292-0699. Thanks Dan

Lots of private, lots of people. Casper residents can hunt it before/after work it's so close. If you drew the late tag plan some extra days as you can lose some to nasty nasty weather that time of year.

If you can get access to private, I would. Big ranch on the east side of the unit does what they can to keep elk on their place.

Haven’t hunted the unit myself. My good friend hunted it last season though.

He nailed a great bull within a quarter mile of private. Struggled to find elk on public, but kept moving until he did.

I hunted unit 19 this past season and am happy to share what I learned with anyone that draws in the future. James

Wyoming was a much tougher hunt than I anticipated. I went down for 5 days in mid September, I could not believe the number of people and camps in September. It was the most crowded hunting I have ever had. I had trouble finding elk but did call in a decent bull a bit bigger than the one I shot and somehow couldn’t get the deal sealed. I went back for the opener of rifle 11-1 and scouted 2 days prior to the season finding very few elk some days no elk fortunately there were way fewer people. I had hoped for a better bull than this but given the difficulty in finding elk I decided I better take the opportunity when I saw this bull on the 5th day of the season.2020 bull.jpg

Wyoming was a much tougher hunt than I anticipated. I went down for 5 days in mid September, I could not believe the number of people and camps in September. It was the most crowded hunting I have ever had. I had trouble finding elk but did call in a decent bull a bit bigger than the one I shot and somehow couldn’t get the deal sealed. I went back for the opener of rifle 11-1 and scouted 2 days prior to the season finding very few elk some days no elk fortunately there were way fewer people. I had hoped for a better bull than this but given the difficulty in finding elk I decided I better take the opportunity when I saw this bull on the 5th day of the season.View attachment 167449
I had same experience you did only saw fewer elk.

Wyoming was a much tougher hunt than I anticipated. I went down for 5 days in mid September, I could not believe the number of people and camps in September. It was the most crowded hunting I have ever had. I had trouble finding elk but did call in a decent bull a bit bigger than the one I shot and somehow couldn’t get the deal sealed. I went back for the opener of rifle 11-1 and scouted 2 days prior to the season finding very few elk some days no elk fortunately there were way fewer people. I had hoped for a better bull than this but given the difficulty in finding elk I decided I better take the opportunity when I saw this bull on the 5th day of the season.View attachment 167449
Looks like a great bull to me.

I only took one picture and that was after I had him back to camp. It was a warm day and I was by myself packing him out. I"m not good at posting pictures. Lets see if this works. Archery bull.

Walking any distance in sagebrush with shorts......you have tougher skin than I do.

Congratulations on a fine elk.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back