Drew Unit 19 in Wyoming

Sounds like a typical unit 19 hunt. People everywhere......you did good in the end though.

That's a tough hunt. Lots of points to shoot a 5 point or small 6. I've been in there. LOTS of better units. Hard to believe how many points it now takes for some of those WY units. Guess guys are afraid of bears or they want to hunt from home in Casper ;)

I hunted unit 19 this past season and am happy to share what I learned with anyone that draws in the future. James
Hey man, my dad is hoping to draw the tag this season. I would love to hear how your hunt went and any preparations we need to make before heading into the hunt. Thanks!

me and a buddy went 1 for 2 on cows there 2 yrs ago//hunted the small eastern section of forest area//alot of the elk had already moved over to private n w of the forest area//could see them ,but a mile from public edge.elk were pretty thin on public,,just a stray or 2 around.

me and a buddy went 1 for 2 on cows there 2 yrs ago//hunted the small eastern section of forest area//alot of the elk had already moved over to private n w of the forest area//could see them ,but a mile from public edge.elk were pretty thin on public,,just a stray or 2 around.
What time of the year was this?

Thanks but I changed into shorts when I got to camp and then took the photo.
Congratulations nice rack. you must have been closer to camp and flatter ground than mine, after 2 mile hike out then 4 miles just to go get the truck. The last thing I wanted to do is put that heavy SOB back on my back. Lol

Congratulations nice rack. you must have been closer to camp and flatter ground than mine, after 2 mile hike out then 4 miles just to go get the truck. The last thing I wanted to do is put that heavy SOB back on my back. Lol
Thanks I was so dam happy to shoot one with my bow I would have done anything. I only had 2 pack him 2 miles 4 different times. Did you hunt 19 and how was your hunt?

Back