The family dog rolls in a pile of its own feces. I should:

• Wash dog

Votes: 42 73.7%
  • Shoot dog

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • "Accidentally" leave the gate open

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
I’ve been told, a tablespoon of crushed pineapple on top of their food makes the dog $hit taste bad. We had a beagle who would eat our black labs turds. Both got a scoop on their food for awhile and it seemed to work.

Reactions: Oak
I’ve been told, a tablespoon of crushed pineapple on top of their food makes the dog $hit taste bad. We had a beagle who would eat our black labs turds. Both got a scoop on their food for awhile and it seemed to work.
I have a hard time believing pineapple is going to drastically alter the taste of shit.

The neighbor's rat terrier wanders down from time to time and wallows in fresh mule shit, then goes back home. His dog, his problem. :)
My wife had a dog growing up that died choking on her Uncles mule shit…he’s in an urn in our garden to this day. Apparently ol Chico pretty was bad about it so I guess he kinda went out doing what he loved.

If it doesn't hunt, I don't feed it. If it doesn't do a job, it doesn't live here.

A good yard feist will keep on scraps and whatever it kills. That's what I let the wife have for her dog. Unfortunately for the feist she also gives it dog food. So it is obese. The last one was kind of fat, too. That could not be blamed on the wife as that one didn't care for dog food much. Instead it found suckers around the neighborhood to get scraps and treats.

Well there's only one way to find out....
taste-test-chef-rang.gif

Poop rolling is normal. Y'all having a problem with it is not. Same for wanting to bathe a dog.

Poop eating is due to deficiency in diet. Usually.

Anal glands should express naturally with enough fiber in the diet. If there's an issue feeding dried sweet tater treats and soaking in Epsom salts will get it going.

Dogs do dog things. I don’t think I’ve ever had a dog or seen others dogs not eat or roll in shit or something dead at least once in its life. The shit rolling does get old though, especially if it’s a house pet and not a working dog.

I dog sat a ranch owners house dogs once. Drove them out along with my old heeler to check a corner of the ranch. The two assholes promptly found a dead cow to roll in; I chased them to the nearest water to bathe them and then they promptly ran the 200yds back into the rotting carcass. I think we might have ran through the process three times before I threw them into the back seat of my truck soaking wet while calling the boss man and asking if I could shoot the dogs.
My old heeler was too old to care about running or getting filthy at that point. I drive the hour and a half back to the ranch house with stinky wet dogs. It’s almost a fond memory now that those dogs are in their twilight and my dog is long gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back