The family dog rolls in a pile of its own feces. I should:

• Wash dog

Votes: 42 73.7%
  • Shoot dog

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • "Accidentally" leave the gate open

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
It seems like a daily chore for one of my GSPs to get sprayed by a skunk, roll in deer poop, roll in manure, eat each other's vomit, and pop dog butt gland on the furniture. They're pretty gross, but at least they hunt.

Reactions: Oak
Decent average, we have to empty my dog's glands every 3-4 weeks.

I'd take the full body wash to rinse off poo over squeezing juices out monthly...
I think one of ours is having troubles expressing his glands as well. Had a nice big streak on the carpet yesterday after seeing him dog ass scoot a couple other times the day before. I’ll puke my guts out if I have to do it. If the wife can’t I’ll have to pay someone do it like my mother in law does. That’ll be an embarrassing phone call.

We had a Bassett hound that was adopted from the local shelter. She was infatuated with all forms of shit/ excrement. Cows, horses,deer, her own shit, the other dogs shit, digging up our cat holes( human shit) when camping... it didn't matter what or where it came from, she just needed to roll in it and snack on the occasional left over remains of digestive track recycling. Her preferred method of poo sampling was to rub her snout/ face in the treasure and then transfer the leftovers on my kids by rubbing or vomit.

I know the shelter knew this dog was a shit connoisseur and didn't disclose it because she'd been returned by the previous three families within days.

God rest your soul Daisy, I hope you found a family that accepted you in the afterlife and they put rubber mats in their Subaru

Reminds me of a summer camping/fishing trip with my dog. Drove 22hrs to Wyoming, few miles into the mountains on jeep trails and found a place an hour before dark to set up camp quick, with a thunderstorm rolling in ready to let loose any minute. I quickly pitch my tent, turnaround and there's my dog completely lathered up from rolling in a fresh still steaming cow patty, what a mess that was! That instance tested my loyalty, he lived to enjoy many elk wallows the remainder of the week.

The fact that you offered this as advice instead of the three options is interesting. Hopefully you never have a toilet back up because this thread will be on the internet FOREVER.

I don’t think I understand what you’re getting at…toilets back up…and I have a plunger.

/shrug.

Reminds me of a summer camping/fishing trip with my dog. Drove 22hrs to Wyoming, few miles into the mountains on jeep trails and found a place an hour before dark to set up camp quick, with a thunderstorm rolling in ready to let loose any minute. I quickly pitch my tent, turnaround and there's my dog completely lathered up from rolling in a fresh still steaming cow patty, what a mess that was! That instance tested my loyalty, he lived to enjoy many elk wallows the remainder of the week.
Our dog Abby when I was 16 on a Wyoming backpack trip, decided to roll on a rotting golden trout carcass. It was the worst smell on the planet. She got thrown in the lake and couldn't sleep in the tent for the rest of the trip.

Back