Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Does winter have you down?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
Dude, yeah. That and the permanent iron curtain of cloud cover here. I’m going to try and drag my wife and kids east of the Cascades this weekend, if only for a couple moments of sunshine.

I'm in the same boat, can't wait for I90 to be somewhat passable to do the exact same.

Pretty sure the dog is up and gonna go without me if I don't.

@JLS I feel like I'm cheating on Boomer when I get pictures of Finn and your birds. All the while Boomer is laying on the floor below me on a weekend when we could be hunting except the pass has us snowed in. I'm like thank goodness he's not seeing these #homewrecker

Yeah a bit. I started a thread yesterday about January in Texas. I just got back from a mid day stalk and had to put shorts and running shoes on, take my shirt off and wash the sweat off of me. It’s 80 degrees.
It suppose to start raining tonight and rain until season is over on Sunday. I’m outta here first thing in the morning.
Sweaty bolls and swamp azz never hurt anyone,rub some dirt on it.
Get back in the game!Ha!,Ha!. 〽💥

@JLS I feel like I'm cheating on Boomer when I get pictures of Finn and your birds. All the while Boomer is laying on the floor below me on a weekend when we could be hunting except the pass has us snowed in. I'm like thank goodness he's not seeing these #homewrecker
They enjoy their weekends off too!

In honor of the ice season I will post a few pictures. If you have a few, post them!

This is how I survive winters in MN:
View attachment 125517
View attachment 125524
View attachment 125525
View attachment 125526
View attachment 125527
View attachment 125518
View attachment 125519
View attachment 125528
View attachment 125520
The usual end result!

View attachment 125522

No matter the season, there is always something to do!

Cheers,
Boomer

You had me at miller lite and bloody Mary's!!! I miss ice fishing. Just sold my stuff last year because I never made time to go anymore. This week goose and deer season ends then it's time to start processing all of last years game. Just weighed everything out today. To order what we need for cure and spices. Usually a bunch of us get together last couple weekends and process and pack all the deer/ducks/ geese for the season. There will be a lot of beer drank if nothing else!

Boomer, where you at in MN? There is a Lake Winona not far from me. I am sitting in west central MN right now looking at the fresh snow. I am guessing SW MN? Our ice fishing has been poor so far this year, but I haven't tried all that hard. Still have youngsters in basketball tourneys.

Finn had to stay home yesterday to recover. Gotta get rested up for this weekend!

That dog is 60 lbs of coiled steel right now. I'm feeding him 4 cups a day of Purina Pro Plan Sport.

Boomer, where you at in MN? There is a Lake Winona not far from me. I am sitting in west central MN right now looking at the fresh snow. I am guessing SW MN? Our ice fishing has been poor so far this year, but I haven't tried all that hard. Still have youngsters in basketball tourneys.
Im down in Rochester!

Finn had to stay home yesterday to recover. Gotta get rested up for this weekend!

That dog is 60 lbs of coiled steel right now. I'm feeding him 4 cups a day of Purina Pro Plan Sport.

Finn's like I get to hunt and eat extra constantly, jackpot!

Wish I could join you this weekend but I don't think I could sleep at night leaving the healthy pup at home on the last weekend.

I get depressed and grumpy as an old codger in winter. This is how I survive:
View attachment 125617
I spend a couple weeks every winter on the beach in either Central America or Mexico. This was from an hour ago, a couple hours north of Puerto Vallarta, listening to the waves roll in and working on my tan. 😁
I guess I could get used to that

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back