Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Does winter have you down?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38069

In honor of the ice season I will post a few pictures. If you have a few, post them!

This is how I survive winters in MN:
20190219_143918.jpg
20190118_201259.jpg
IMG_2070.jpg
IMG_2072.jpg
20200114_155939.jpg
20190219_144149.jpg
20170120_205716.jpg
20160110_202051.jpeg
20180120_204652.jpg
The usual end result!

IMG_5793.jpg

No matter the season, there is always something to do!

Cheers,
Boomer

Nice fish.

I was looking forward to a long and productive ice-fishing season, but the weather gods have conspired against me. Here in central NY, the ponds and lakes remain open or with ice too sketchy for my to take chances on and also, there's no snow and the ski slopes are pretty crap for what they're charging.

Nice fish.

I was looking forward to a long and productive ice-fishing season, but the weather gods have conspired against me. Here in central NY, the ponds and lakes remain open or with ice too sketchy for my to take chances on and also, there's no snow and the ski slopes are pretty crap for what they're charging.
Well at least that means less snowblowing and/or shoveling!

Love seeing some fat perch!
As my favorites to target goes:
1. Walleyes
2. Crappies
3. Perch

We just don't have much for opportunities around here. I could try the river's backwaters. There is just something about moving water under the ice that deters me! My buddy and I hammered the perch last winter! We will be getting back out there!

As my favorites to target goes:
1. Walleyes
2. Crappies
3. Perch

We just don't have much for opportunities around here. I could try the river's backwaters. There is just something about moving water under the ice that deters me! My buddy and I hammered the perch last winter! We will be getting back out there!
Come over to SD, People love hitting up Bitter for your list! (can't say I'm one of them tho, never could catch crap on the ice...)

Come over to SD, People love hitting up Bitter for your list! (can't say I'm one of them tho, never could catch crap on the ice...)
My buddy lives in Watertown and we head to Ortonville most the time but I will have to suggest that. Thanks!

Man I love ice fishing, haven't been as mobile this winter though. Too much snow and no snowmobile makes it difficult on a guy to get around! We have way too much snow up here around the moorhead/detroit lakes area... More and more coming. 4 inches today, 6+ on friday-saturday. Getting old! Still worth getting out and taking whatever roads people have plowed and finding a spot close off of that. I just prefer to get out on my own away from everyone. As for this season, it's a take what you can get year around here!

Back