MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Does winter have you down?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
Also boomer, I love the excited pup in the pics, very good looking dog! Did you get it from a breeder? If so which one? Looks very similar to a lot of dogs I see coming out of Northern Plains Retrievers which is where we got our black lab!

I really wish we had some ice. I hunted deer up to the end but now I'm already bored. Actually happy the wife dumped a tile job on me for something to do. Hopefully we get safe ice soon.

Also boomer, I love the excited pup in the pics, very good looking dog! Did you get it from a breeder? If so which one? Looks very similar to a lot of dogs I see coming out of Northern Plains Retrievers which is where we got our black lab!
Thanks! He is an awesome dog. My SNCO/boss was having a litter of pups and I signed up for the first male. So no breeder but he has a decent bloodline. I got him for a whopping $400. He cracks me up because he barks when the bobber goes down! So he gets some beer for that!

Thanks! He is an awesome dog. My SNCO/boss was having a litter of pups and I signed up for the first male. So no breeder but he has a decent bloodline. I got him for a whopping $400. He cracks me up because he barks when the bobber goes down! So he gets some beer for that!
That's awesome! You'll never miss a bite!

Once big game season is over (except maybe participating in a damage hunt) I'm putting stuff away and have transitioned to skiing rocks, skiing powder, snowshoeing, and ice fishing. I'm busier than ever. Been ice fishing for about 5 weeks now...catching has it's moments. Headed to Idaho for perch fishing Friday.

82318828_10163109277965553_4011960772606296064_o.jpg

Last edited:
Nice haul of fish. Ive not been on hard water in years. Im still bowhunting till the end of Jan. and also planing and preping for other out of state bow hunts. This traveling bowhunting gig is a year round ride.

We probably won't even be able to get on the ice this year here. I thought it was going to be a good winter since I tagged out for deer earlier than normal, therefore able to go duck hunting more. But it stayed warm and the ducks never really came down. Figures since last year I bought an ice transducer and an auger. But it was hard to complain about having a 60° Christmas.

haha that's great! you can take a snooze and let him do the bobber watching

In honor of the ice season I will post a few pictures. If you have a few, post them!

This is how I survive winters in MN:
View attachment 125517
View attachment 125524
View attachment 125525
View attachment 125526
View attachment 125527
View attachment 125518
View attachment 125519
View attachment 125528
View attachment 125520
The usual end result!

View attachment 125522

No matter the season, there is always something to do!

Cheers,
Boomer
Is that the Croix! I miss it back there!

In honor of the ice season I will post a few pictures. If you have a few, post them!

This is how I survive winters in MN:
View attachment 125517
View attachment 125524
View attachment 125525
View attachment 125526
View attachment 125527
View attachment 125518
View attachment 125519
View attachment 125528
View attachment 125520
The usual end result!

View attachment 125522

No matter the season, there is always something to do!

Cheers,
Boomer
It looks like I need to take a lesson in the art of frying............. those look effn DELICIOUS!

Yeah a bit. I started a thread yesterday about January in Texas. I just got back from a mid day stalk and had to put shorts and running shoes on, take my shirt off and wash the sweat off of me. It’s 80 degrees.
It suppose to start raining tonight and rain until season is over on Sunday. I’m outta here first thing in the morning.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back