PEAX Equipment

Ditch Parrots R' Us

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Well, since I am still pouting about not shooting a whopper mule deer in AZ, thought I would get a stringer full of roosters.

An out-of-state client is thinking about buying this ranch. He asked if I would take our black lab, Merle, and check out the pheasant hunting. I agreed, but told him in addition to my hourly rate and out-of-pocket expenses, he would get charged for ammo and dog food. ;)

Six hours of driving (each way) and two hours of hunting, and I can report to him he should buy the ranch. Especially if I am in charge of the hunting.

Couldn't find any pals to join me on short notice, so I hunted with the owner's family.

Colder than a whore's heart out there today. High was 11F with about a 20 mph wind. Glad it didn't take too long.

View attachment 5644

Told the seller I wasn't sure if this would meet the expectations of my client, but if he let me come back twice a week, until season ended, I could probably determine with exact certainty that my client should buy this ranch. :p

Any of you guys needin' me to check out hunting properties for you, just call. (406) 586-0281. Tell my secretary your heard about this offer on Hunttalk.com and I won't even charge you for ammo and dog food. :D

Attachments

• IMG_2065.JPG
    IMG_2065.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 1,019
Nice service you provide Fin! How do you shoot with the mittens?

The bird hunting is exceptional this year. I'm heading out on Saturday for a cold one (18f forecast high). Then again monday and tuesday with some friends from Nevada.

Good work Randy...I head up to the Tx. panhandle tomorrow to chase em this weekend. Nice pic, thanks.

There's only one thing I see wrong with that photo...you should be hunting with a pointing dog or atleast a springer

There's only one thing I see wrong with that photo...you should be hunting with a pointing dog or atleast a springer

I guess I would be a contrarian by most Montana standards.

> I hunt with a lab, not a pointing dog.

> I fish for walleyes, not trout.

> If I hook 'em, I cook 'em!

> I hunt whitetails, not muleys.

> I would trade my elk tag for a second buck antelope tag, any year.

> I still give my kid a kick in the ass if he deserves it, even in public.

> I own a boat with a motor (2 motors to be exact), and no oars.

> I think the Broncos are a bunch of fags.

> I don't give a chit about Cat/Griz games - it is huntin' season, so football can wait.

> I don't own a mountain bike, but I do own a tractor - wife says its sexy and I need all the help I can get.

> I don't own any skiis, but I do have an ice auger.

> I am not a realtor.

So, I guess with my contrarian nature it is expected that I would have an ugly lab, not one of those pretty dogs with bells and booties. :D

Nice work BF...

Too bad this warm spell had to ruin all of that beautiful ice that was forming around here...I guess the CF perch will be safe for a bit longer :D

Yes, you are a contrarian, but it takes all kinds of people to make the world go 'round.

Although a lab is probably the most common hunting dog in MT.

Have to love the days in the field with your dog, it is the best of times. olefish

R.I.P Merle. It was a great twelve years.

Hope every day in your new hunting grounds is like this day was. Thanks for the great retrieves, the flushes when the day seemed lost, and mostly the wagging tail and boundless energy you greeted me with each morning.

IMG_2063-001.jpg

I'm sorry for your loss, Randy. I have 2 lab puppies that are 4 months old now that are quite a handful and right now I can't imagine them ever hunting...but I love the hell out of them.

R.I.P Merle. It was a great twelve years.

Hope every day in your new hunting grounds is like this day was. Thanks for the great retrieves, the flushes when the day seemed lost, and mostly the wagging tail and boundless energy you greeted me with each morning.

I didn't even know this picture existed, but I'm glad we have a couple good ones at least. Been a rough day at work so far.

Darn it Randy, I am sorry to hear this. Sometimes you wonder why you love a dog so much when you know you are only going to get a dozen years or so out of them. But love them we do and we are better for it. RIP Merle.

Sorry for your loss.
Dogs have a way of getting into our hearts.
It's a shame they don't live longer...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back