Discounted Vermont Archery Last Minute Hunts Now Available!

Not that I am opposed but how is that against the rules? Can't advertise your guide services?

Members cannot advertise anything without approval, not just guide services.

From the terms of use that everyone agrees to:

Rules and Conduct:

The Website (including without limitation, any content, documents or other information made available via the Website) is provided only for your personal, non-commercial use.

Any unauthorized use of the Website is expressly prohibited.

As a condition of use, you promise not to use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms of Use, or any other purpose not reasonably intended by OYOA. You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations.

By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to (a) take any action or (b) upload, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content (including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data or other information) using any communications service or other service available on or through the Website, that: is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, obscene, profane or which otherwise violates the Terms of Use; infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any party; constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail ("spamming"); imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on OYOA's computing, storage or communications infrastructure, or attempts to gain unauthorized access to the Website, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Website, through password mining or otherwise; contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data or other information of OYOA or any third party; or harvests or collects any information from the Website; or impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of OYOA. OYOA may, at its sole discretion, immediately terminate your access to the Website should your conduct fail to conform strictly with any provision of this section.

Because a lot of people seem to do this without asking permission in advance, I have posted this thread in the Notices and Announcements. Makes all of this pretty clear.

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=260827

To the credit of this person, when I emailed him earlier today and explained the rules, he apologized and asked the ad be removed. He also inquired about the cost of advertising. Sometimes people are not familiar with the rules and terms, so I try to notify them privately. They are almost always good folks who are not familiar with how forums operate and as such, is an innocent oversight on their part.

Sorry Fin, its not on the registration terms. That was the only reason I asked. Maybe put it on the screen you accept to register.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back