Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Disclosing SSN to buy hunting and fishing licenses.

It seems like there are an ever increasing number of "American citizens" who are feeling paranoid, embarrassed, ashamed, guilty, or otherwise fearful of someone realizing what their behavior looks like. If you have nothing to hide, why so fearful?
Because of a thing called identity fraud. A SSN is one of the golden tickets to steal ones identity. I agree it is BS to have to give your SSN to apply for a hunting lic. No reason a DL or other valid method of ID should not be enough. I refuse to give mine out at doctor and dentist offices and tell them it really is not their place to be asking for that information. Talk to someone who has had their Identity stolen, it is a major cluster to get back out of it and sometimes takes years and a lot of money just because some slimeball behind a desk sold your info. All so someone could work in the USA illegally or buy something under your identity. If I recall, one state that uses your SSN for your F&G was also using the prison system to do the draw or app system in the past. Times have changed, I keep my SSN pretty tight, and back in the old days people used to engrave it on items in case they were stolen. I had a gun that someone actually had a SSN engraved into it, and all joking aside it was a Savage 99

Last edited:
Because of a thing called identity fraud. A SSN is one of the golden tickets to steal ones identity. I agree it is BS to have to give your SSN to apply for a hunting lic. No reason a DL or other valid method of ID should not be enough. I refuse to give mine out at doctor and dentist offices and tell them it really is not their place to be asking for that information. Talk to someone who has had their Identity stolen, it is a major cluster to get back out of it and sometimes takes years and a lot of money just because some slimeball behind a desk sold your info. All so someone could work in the USA illegally or buy something under your identity. If I recall, one state that uses your SSN for your F&G was also using the prison system to do the draw or app system in the past. Times have changed, I keep my SSN pretty tight, and back in the old days people used to engrave it on items in case they were stolen. I had a gun that someone actually had a SSN engraved into it, and all joking aside it was a Savage 99
I agree with much you explain and stolen identity is a big deal and more prevalent than ever. So I too keep account numbers, passwords, user names, and much other information closely guarded. I also hold my ssn pretty tight. However, after over thirty years in the military, some medical issues (VA and otherwise covered), serving in public offices, submitting official documents to governmental agencies on my family behalf, as well as on behalf of my now deceased elderly Mom, my ssn is not something that is such a secret ... likely nor is yours. Thus any "respectable" criminal hacker can easily access that. Do be vigilant and protective of your true personal financial and other unique information, but don't spend your life thinking being open and honest is going to lead to thievery at every transaction.

It seems like there are an ever increasing number of "American citizens" who are feeling paranoid, embarrassed, ashamed, guilty, or otherwise fearful of someone realizing what their behavior looks like. If you have nothing to hide, why so fearful?

Because we are supposed to have a right to privacy that we continue to let be eroded under the guise of "not having anything to be fearful" of. We demand body automony, but feel as though our digital lives shouldn't have the same level of privacy. I don't get it.

I fear a gov't that feels the need to spy on me. I think that history shows this to be a pretty solid fear. Regardless of some guy in an IT department at the OK division of wildlife wanting to check out my amazon search history (it's mostly pottery tools and new kitchen knives lately)

Even so, using your SSN for a license is fine. It helps kids get the child support they need, and there is not invasion of privacy since you have no US Constitutional right to get a fishing or hunting license. I don't, however, see the two issues as canceling each other.

Also, Google just sent me my travel timeline from 2021, so now my tinfoil hat is three times as thick.

A state agency can only use your ssn for a limited number of things, primarily the deadbeat dad check. That's the only reason a wildlife agency asks for it.

Put your number in the box, make one up with a number generator and put it in the box, or apply somewhere else.

Here's the thing TT. You don't HAVE to give your SSN to anybody because you don't HAVE to buy a hunting license, it's a privilege to hunt in any state. If you want to hunt there you must agree to whatever rules and regulations THEY decide on.
So feel free not to give out your SSN.

Because of a thing called identity fraud. A SSN is one of the golden tickets to steal ones identity. I agree it is BS to have to give your SSN to apply for a hunting lic. No reason a DL or other method of ID should not be enough. I refuse to give mine out at doctor and dentist offices and tell them it really is not their place to be asking for that information. Talk to someone who has had their Identity stolen, it is a major cluster to get back out of it and sometimes takes years and a lot of money just because some slimeball behind a desk sold your info. All so someone could work in the USA illegally or buy something under your identity. If I recall, one state that uses your SSN for your F&G was also using the prison system to do the draw or app system in the past.

If someone steals your identity with a SSN it's usual not because Janice at OK hunting is a slime ball...

If someone steals your identity with a SSN it's usual not because Janice at OK hunting is a slime ball...

No, but those state systems, especially at small agencies, are targets for hackers across the world. SO Janice is solid, and she has a wicked good hot dish recipe for the wild game feed, but her IT department is running security software from the lowest bidder from 8 years ago.

But, but muh big gubmint!!!

No, but those state systems, especially at small agencies, are targets for hackers across the world. SO Janice is solid, and she has a wicked good hot dish recipe for the wild game feed, but her IT department is running security software from the lowest bidder from 8 years ago.
also Janice has a big heart and really wants to help that Nigerian prince.

In all honesty, I've been way too lax with giving mine out to doctors and to Janice at the counter, but I figure it's just to identify that it's me instead. I don't have my DL memorized like my social, so it's just handy like that

Next thing you know they will be scanning you microchip when you buy one. That’s what the vax was designed for.

Next thing you know they will be scanning you microchip when you buy one. That’s what the vax was designed for.
I mean if the microchip stopped identify theft and made it so I didn't need to have passwords for everything I'd be first in line.

No the vax is designed to interact with the chemicals sprayed in contrails to control your mind with the signals sent out from the 5G towers. Get it straight rookie. I bet you fold your tin foil hat like a cone instead of the proper tri cornered way.

No the vax is designed to interact with the chemicals sprayed in contrails to control your mind with the signals sent out from the 5G towers. Get it straight rookie. I bet you fold your tin foil hat like a cone instead of the proper tri cornered way.
I stopped using tin foil , found out gates invested in Alcoa and I don’t trust it any more

I stopped using tin foil , found out gates invested in Alcoa and I don’t trust it any more

Fake news. Gates is an undercover agent on our side fighting the kabal. I was told that while the CIA was doing LSD tests on me. I almost graduated, they kicked @Ben Lamb out of the program because he was too crazy.

I am split on this. I like the idea of a single federal ID number but not one linked to all my financial accounts too. They need to do something that does not make you vulnerable to ID theft. I know of two different individuals who were victims of identity theft and they are still paying lawyers to clean up their credit histories.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back