Diners, Gas Stations, Truck Stops, and Dives

Sierra Grande cafe in Des Moines, New Mexico on Hwy 87. I try to stop in there every time I go through on my way to the Colorado mountains if I go through during business hours. I Recommend the Sierra Grande chili burger and a slice of pie.
I’ll be driving through there tomorrow. I’ll have to give it a try for lunch.

There was a bar in Rock Springs when I worked on Shute Creek Gas Plant called Haddocks. Had a sign when you walked in that said " If you don't have a gun or a knife, see the bartender and he will give you one". Some truth to it. Fun place. mtmuley

Melrose tire shop, Melrose NM. The large breakfast burrito is big enough for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They use great green chili, the best green chili cheese fries I've had.

Does the Fox Club in Missoula, MT count?

If not Tamarack Brewery in Missoula has some awesome food and beer. The wife is a BIG fan of Paul’s Pancake Parkor

Every time I get into Wyoming I stop in Worland. There is a cafe there called Maggie’s and I get the Bulls-Eye skillet. Best damn breakfast I eat all year. It is a mountain of food.

Regular road trip stop is Wheat Montana in Three Forks. Fill up the truck, get coffee and caramel rolls for the road.
We always stop there on the way home and get food and a 50 pound bag of grinding wheat. Sometimes two.

Last edited:
There are some greats I used to visit that are that are closed now:

Zavala's Place in Othello, WA
Tacos mi Pueblo in Quincy, WA
Jillinda's on Hwy 12 between Kamiah and Kooskia Idaho.
Lone Jack in Potlatch, ID

Still opened:

Zoli's in Tensed, ID
Idle Hour in Quincy, WA
The Maple Counter Cafe in Walla Walla, WA
Hamley's Steakhouse in Pendleton,OR ( This is in the historic bank in Pendleton. Must see, IMHO)
Boggan's Oasis at the Grand Ronde Bridge on Washington Hwy 129 between Anatone, WA and Enterprise, OR. (aka Rattlesnake Grade. ) Expect a bike line of Harleys on weekends.
Boggan's had a fire within the last couple of years but it has re-opened.
Syringa Cafe in Kooskia, ID (call ahead, COVID-19 has shortened their hours. ) Tell them you want a whole Huckleberry pie if it's late summertime.
Effie's Burgers in Lewiston, ID. (If you are man enough for it, they will make you a 4 pound burger on request. )
The Wannigan in Orofino,ID
The Pie Safe/Brush Creek Creamery in Deary, ID ($18/pound cheese that would stop any political thread on HT)
The Alehaus in Moscow, ID (Get the Groob's burger!)
McDuff's Pub in Sandpoint, ID (Pub style food and microbrews)
The Palace Restaurant and Saloon, Prescott, AZ. ( not to be missed. Don't mind the bouncer with the .44 Walker revolver in a buscadero rig. He told me it was loaded and capped)

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back