Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Diners, Gas Stations, Truck Stops, and Dives

Cullys in Potomac
Chicken Coop in Seeley Lake
Blue Joint in Darby
Trixies in Ovando
Oxford in Missoula (chicken fried steak)

The food isn't particularly spectacular at any of these spots, but good bar food nonetheless and great spots for a beer and some grub after a hunt.

Rancho Chimayo Cafe in Chimayo,NM -A 5 star very affordable find on the road to Taos.
Ella's in Reserve,NM -Simple cafe food & NM mex.
The Buckhorn in San Antonio,NM-Best green chile cheeseburger I have ever had.
The Pie Shop in Pie Town,NM-Good simple food! Great pies! Great people.
The Pie-O-Neer in Pie Town,NM- The Pie place arises again! Great Pies,Great coffee,Great People!

Longbranch Saloon in Hawk Springs, WY is always our post-pheasant hunt watering hole. The Bear Bottom Grill in Centennial, WY is a family favorite.
I'll have to try Firewater in Saratoga this fall when I'm in the area for grouse, elk and deer.

Jacob Lake Inn on the Kaibab. We had plenty of good food at camp but it was hard to not keep going back to that place.

Glade Hill Minute Market in Glade Hill, VA has great fried chicken and catfish. Sapp Bros Travel Center in Percival, IA has them fancy Japanese toilets. Fat Dogs gas station in Sidney uses shitty, deceptive advertising for gas prices, but they carry Nebraska craft brews I can't find anywhere locally.

Tia Sophia's off the Plaza in Santa Fe. Best simple NM food cafe I have eaten at in NM.I plan my trips & will even stand & wait for a place....
The Plaza Cafe on the Plaza in SF. An institution of family service since....a long time.
The Pantry Cafe in SF.
The Range Cafe in ALB.

When heading to MT, I generally hit MacKenzie River Pizza, Pub and Grill in Idaho Falls. Usually get the carnitas street tacos, but their pizza and burgers are good as well. Nice gun store and range that’s walking distance from there (across the canal) as well.

Back