Diners, Gas Stations, Truck Stops, and Dives

EYJONAS!

I'm not sure if this has been discussed if it has I apologize if not I thought it would be fun to highlight some of everyone's favorite check points they hit on their adventures to their hunting destinations.

Guy Fieri has a little show out there that highlights some of America's hidden gems in the restaurant world some of which people would never know they existed without him, besides the locals.

So for those who travel great distances for their adventure or if you hit some small local mom and pop gas station to get some homemade burritos for you head out to the field maybe share some hidden gems. I think these businesses are a prime example of what America is. Unfortunately they seem to be disappearing more and more. As a guy that travels a ton for work I definitely have a short list of places where I stop in my work or hunting travels. Maybe some one reading this that has passed those little hidden gems will think about swinging in and support a little local shop or restaurant.

Could be a Cafe, truck stop, drive in, whatever.....

Share the place and why you stop.

I always hit these couple places-

The Fort in Big Timber (where else can you get a full tank of gas, lunch, a bottle of whiskey and buy a gun)

The Y Stop in Sheridan Wyoming for fuel and food

Little Montana Chuck Wagon in Grass Range MT

Kings Hat in Billings for food, Dash In in Lewistown.

Corner Bar in Baker

Eugene's Pizza in Glasgow

Just thinking before the season gets rolling would be fun to share some spots that guys and gals could hit during their travels out to the great unknowns, anyone else have a favorite spot or two they'd like to share?

Almost September.....

Do breweries count? For everyone descending on WSS hoping to be in the right place at the right time to lob a bullet into a herd on block management, stop in at 2 Basset Brewing. Great beer and great atmosphere.

Cowboy Inn in Baggs, Wy. the fatboy burger.

Also whenever I'm hunting or traveling north to my cousins. We eat at el mezcal in wisconsin Rapids. Even if I'm just running up to drop off or pick something up he knows were going to el mezcal for lunch.

i always stop at the mcdonalds on the i80/i25 junction in cheyenne - nostalgia factor of stopping as there a kid nearly every time my parents took us to Wyo. We drove to wyoming a few times a year for our entire childhood.

Firewater in Saratoga, Wy - everything on that guys menu is really well done. of course you have go to Bella's and Hotel Wolf every time you're in Saratoga too.

whenever i pass a krispy kreme i grab a dozen for myself.

Jan's Diner in Buena Vista, CO - unfortunately covid killed Jan's Diner for good it appears after my last pass through town

I'm not sure if this has been discussed if it has I apologize if not I thought it would be fun to highlight some of everyone's favorite check points they hit on their adventures to their hunting destinations.

Guy Fieri has a little show out there that highlights some of America's hidden gems in the restaurant world some of which people would never know they existed without him, besides the locals.

So for those who travel great distances for their adventure or if you hit some small local mom and pop gas station to get some homemade burritos for you head out to the field maybe share some hidden gems. I think these businesses are a prime example of what America is. Unfortunately they seem to be disappearing more and more. As a guy that travels a ton for work I definitely have a short list of places where I stop in my work or hunting travels. Maybe some one reading this that has passed those little hidden gems will think about swinging in and support a little local shop or restaurant.

Could be a Cafe, truck stop, drive in, whatever.....

Share the place and why you stop.

I always hit these couple places-

The Fort in Big Timber (where else can you get a full tank of gas, lunch, a bottle of whiskey and buy a gun)

The Y Stop in Sheridan Wyoming for fuel and food

Little Montana Chuck Wagon in Grass Range MT

Kings Hat in Billings for food, Dash In in Lewistown.

Corner Bar in Baker

Eugene's Pizza in Glasgow

Just thinking before the season gets rolling would be fun to share some spots that guys and gals could hit during their travels out to the great unknowns, anyone else have a favorite spot or two they'd like to share?

Almost September.....
The Fort is a cool stop. Those big bags of trail mix fit in a side pocket pretty good when you head into the Beartooths.

Sierra Grande cafe in Des Moines, New Mexico on Hwy 87. I try to stop in there every time I go through on my way to the Colorado mountains if I go through during business hours. I Recommend the Sierra Grande chili burger and a slice of pie.

In Leadville there’s a Mexican food truck and there used to be a restaurant I think called Gringos. It wasn’t very good but you had afterburners out your butt runnin up the mountain.

In Nogales az my buddy took us to this little shop in a back alley. Everything was amazing.

In Galena Ak I don’t remember anything about the food, but it was dam expensive.

Fast eddies in tok Ak is good.

we always stop at the Orr Cafe on the way to Canada for pancakes and eggs.

I like to call ahead and order a pizza from the first Casey’s we pass on the way home from the west on I 80. It seems like there is one further west every year. Best gas station pizza in the world.

Back