Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Diners, Gas Stations, Truck Stops, and Dives

The harbor bar prime rib, cole harbor, ND, smokehouse burgers and fries riverton, WY, evie Mays bbq in Lubbock, TX(unbelievable bbq), eugenes pizza in glasgow and fergies pizza in Plentywood, mt.

They don't actually serve it, but it is still on the menu. We treated ourselves this morning..he had the breakfast and I had the 'dinner'..comes with Texas Toast and fries. I'm obviously working on keeping it healthy in prep for hunting season. 🤦🏼‍♀️
I honestly can’t remember the last time I saw Chicken A La King on a menu, was a favorite childhood meal.

On the north side of Anchorage, Opening in 1955, this friendly restaurant has been a local favorite. Lucky Wishbone is best known for its pan-fried chicken and hand-crafted hamburgers, but is also known for thick and creamy milkshakes, with over 40 flavors to choose from.

LWishbone.jpg

Might as well continue the Alaska thing. Headed up Parks Highway between Willow and Talkeetna try Sheep Creek Lodge for fried chicken. Half a chicken plus sides. I'm a dark meat eater but their chicken is so good the white meat is gone from my plate just as fast! Friendly gals there running the place.

Couple of spots I try and hit up when out and about

Proud cut saloon - Cody WY (steak)
One eyed buffalo - Thermopolis WY (burger n beer)
Burger dive - Billings MT
Breckinridge brewery - Breckenridge CO
Alpine inn - Omaha NE
Smokey D'd bbq - Des Moines IA

That reminds me of a very good dive right across the street...Dinosaur Cafe in Charlie B's. What a wonderfully odd bar; unless it's changed, about 100 framed photos of random dudes from the '70's is essentially the only decor.
Still there, still very eclectic...random drunk that's been there since opening sitting next to a hipster vegan drinking a craft beer sitting next to a buckle bunny on the prowl.

Louie M's Burgerlust in Omaha, NE for breakfast .... Homemade Corned Beef Hash.
Ole's in Paxton, NE .... always stop every year on the way to or on the way back from Wyoming.
Chuckwagon in Laramie, Wy ... Our breakfast spot while in town.

Still there, still very eclectic...random drunk that's been there since opening sitting next to a hipster vegan drinking a craft beer sitting next to a buckle bunny on the prowl.
One of my good buds is a first responder in Missoula...I believe they spend a great deal of time on that block helping people stand up.

Who else remembers " Belisle's in Orange County, Calif. Now that was a breakfast !!!

At one time, one could eat and drink their way across America on Route 66. Nobody drives 66 anymore and many have closed. Those that still exits, like Sultana,s in Arizona have gotten a bit "commercialized", but still worth a visit.

In Arizona, the Cowboy Club still serves good Elk, Buffalo, Rattlesnake and beef dinners and I like the Prickly Pear Margaritas . I still feel the Phantom Ranch Canteen is worth a visit.

Whenever in Australia, I would whine until my husband took me up to Silky Oak Treehouse lodge and restaurant, just north of Cairns . Eating kangaroo and crocodile in a treehouse where the jungle meets the barrier reef. Loved it !

We flew from Namibia to Victoria Falls Hotel to attend a party that I will never forget. We dressed like they did at the turn of the century--1900, not 2000--(-;--
and had dinner and cocktails on the veranda while watching the game come to the river in the evening. Only wild Africa game was served and it was served in a way where you could take one or two bite size pieces of several animals. 50 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday.

Another Africa trip we took, just for the restaurant and/or experience. We flew to Zanzibar and had dinner at the Rock restaurant . The entire rock/island is one building---a restaurant. They had a dish called "Knocking on Heavens door, that our cheese lovers here would enjoy. We had octopus, cign, lobster, king pawns-----(-: ---definitely worth a visit if your in the area.

John Cushman : If you ever go on an Ibex hunt in Spain, take a side trip to The Canary Islands and visit the Bodegas Monje Vineyards. Possibly the only vineyards in the world that offers Sex shows while dining and wine tasting, at their vineyards ;)

Before I check out, I still hope to visit one more winery. Location: Almost North Dakota, Not quite Canada.
Victoria Falls is on my list of things to see when in Africa.

On Route 66 in Texas, The Big Texas Steak Ranch, is still in operation. It is always a fun experience
I am a bit surprised to miss anyone mentioning Buckee’s travel shop (Texas and heading towards Oklahoma). I’ve never seen so many gas pumps in one location, or seen so much munchie junk food/made to order fast food/gift shop/house decor/sporting goods.
I agree, this is an amazing place !

When we were in Nome, Alaska, the baked products at Pingo were amazing

Don’t remember the name of the place but there’s a little coffee/pastry shack in Dolores CO that makes “carmelitos” a little pastry, that are unreal!!! Have a hard time keeping em u eaten on the way home for my wife back in San Antonio
Also a little bar/grill in Rico, awesome burgers n cold beer….get the Face Down Brown!!!
If ur ever west of San Antonio in Castroville; where my family is from, go to Haby’s Alsatian Bakery, pastry’s r great but do yourself a favor n get a loaf of Haby’s bread

Back in the day the Jersey Lily in Ingomar, MT used to serve up some good grub with ice cold beers. I haven't been in so long I'm not sure they still produce the same beans and hors d'oeuvre like they did when I lived in Forsyth nearly 2 decades ago.

Chicken Fried Steak at the Mountain Good in Boulder, MT.

1628780624912.png

Town Pump Boulder, Montana.
2 pieces of the most greasenest hash browns you’ve ever seen, sandwiching something like meat that tastes something like sausage, interloped with what I trust to be egg and cheese. Probably over 1,000 calories. I have eaten piles of these at 4:00 am on my way through to hunt somewhere.

1628780655715.png

Back