Diners, Gas Stations, Truck Stops, and Dives

Doesn't really fit the OP title, but coming back from elk hunting we always stop at the Lolo Peak Brewery. Scenery can be pretty good after spending a week in the woods with a couple other dudes. If we really want to celebrate we'll also swing through Bayern for a round.

Was coming through the Bitterroot around lunchtime so I checked this thread. Beer was cold and tacos were good.

Anyone passing through Pigeon Forge Tennessee should stop at The Apple Barn. Fresh pies by slice or whole, fresh fried apple turnover pies, fresh apple cider hot or cold, and they have a winery as well.
Been a great place to stop and eat since I was a kid living near there, some 50 years ago.

I HAD to stop there when I drove through with the kids. Fond Memories of Taco Time in College. aka Taco Slime
Moscow right? I still stand by my belief the one is Lewiston is the best, although it’s more a corporate store than when I was a kid

Just got back from a 2 week cruise through South Dakota, Wyoming, and Montana.

“Our Place” in Cody was the favorite breakfast place on our trip.

Iowa 80 truck stop was the favorite dinner place.

Love this thread! Here are mine:

The Lumber Jack Saloon, Graves Cr. MT - I haven't hunted in that neck of the woods for a while but have some great memories from years past.

And my favorite...

The Peat Bar, Lima MT - Home of the "Grill Your Own Steak"

Tacos N’ Taters in Frederick, Ok
The place isn’t that nice, but the food is really good!
Make sure you get some chips n queso

Daniel, WY: The Den. In the gas station...can’t miss it. Fantastic food and good beer.

Jack's Travel Plaza Arco, ID Hand breaded chicken tenders and jo jo potatoes(1 piece is 1/4 potato)
Wolf Lodge Steakhouse Off I-90 East of Couer d' Alene, ID Steaks/Dessert
Mint Bar or Peps Bar Big Sandy, MT
Gold Diggers Saloon & Grubhouse Rye Patch Reservoir Exit, I80 (S of Winnemucca) Surprisingly good pizza
Grumpy's Ketchum, ID Burgers/Beer
The Sawmill Station Hwy 75 West of Clayton, Idaho Good quick burger/breakfast
Pat O'Hara Brewing Co Cody, WY Burger/Beer

just for fun, Deer hunting trip outside of Wheatland Wyoming with my cousin and our dads. They were talking up this place called Shamrock Saloon and them having the best 2 dollar hard tacos on Taco Tuesdays and dollar Beers.

They Burnt the Tacos (didnt know you could do that)
The beer was warm
Their famous dessert was whipped cream on a cracker....

That place sucked. At least I only spent 3 dollars.

Back