Caribou Gear Tarp

Diners, Gas Stations, Truck Stops, and Dives

I saw the Big Texan in Amarillo mentioned a time or two. Anyone successfully completed the 72 oz steak challenge? I tried once and failed. Made 2 meals out of the leftover steak I couldn't finish.

Chicken Fried Steak at the Mountain Good in Boulder, MT.

View attachment 191222

Town Pump Boulder, Montana.
2 pieces of the most greasenest hash browns you’ve ever seen, sandwiching something like meat that tastes something like sausage, interloped with what I trust to be egg and cheese. Probably over 1,000 calories. I have eaten piles of these at 4:00 am on my way through to hunt somewhere.

View attachment 191223
I used to make a thing I called The Calorie Sandwich, but that beauty puts it to shame…

Back in the day the Jersey Lily in Ingomar, MT used to serve up some good grub with ice cold beers. I haven't been in so long I'm not sure they still produce the same beans and hors d'oeuvre like they did when I lived in Forsyth nearly 2 decades ago.
Be interesting to see what it’s future holds. Last I knew it was for sale. We unfortunately never made the short drive to Ingomar for dinner while we were in Forsyth

Chicken Fried Steak at the Mountain Good in Boulder, MT.

View attachment 191222

Town Pump Boulder, Montana.
2 pieces of the most greasenest hash browns you’ve ever seen, sandwiching something like meat that tastes something like sausage, interloped with what I trust to be egg and cheese. Probably over 1,000 calories. I have eaten piles of these at 4:00 am on my way through to hunt somewhere.

View attachment 191223
Ain't no way your eating that and going far without 💩

Buffalo Chip Saloon in Cave Creek Az, Great wings and cold beers.
Also, the Horny Toad Saloon was great till' It burned down. 💥

On the north side of Anchorage, Opening in 1955, this friendly restaurant has been a local favorite. Lucky Wishbone is best known for its pan-fried chicken and hand-crafted hamburgers, but is also known for thick and creamy milkshakes, with over 40 flavors to choose from.

View attachment 191213
Interesting, there is a local chain of fried food called Lucky Wishbone in Tucson, AZ. Mostly known for steak fingers these days but they serve chicken and such. Opened in 1953.1628825985607.png

Talkeetna AK - Fairview Inn

Elko NV. - The Star

Gardnerville NV - The JT

Cotati, CA - the Washoe House

Coalinga CA - Harris Ranch Restaurant

Rufus OR - Bobs Texas T Bone and Frosty's lounge

Adel OR - Adel Store

Gerlach NV - Bruno's Country Club
Is the Fairview Inn where they do the tower of beer and bring it to your table? There must be a reason I can't remember for sure... :unsure:

The harbor bar prime rib, cole harbor, ND, smokehouse burgers and fries riverton, WY, evie Mays bbq in Lubbock, TX(unbelievable bbq), eugenes pizza in glasgow and fergies pizza in Plentywood, mt.
+1 on Evie May’s BBQ outside Lubbock, Texas. Loved the free ice-cold beer while you wait in the order line.

All mine are in CO.....

Pass Key - Pueblo (Get the Super)
Coors Tavern - Pueblo - Slopper and a Scooner
GG's BBQ - Pueblo - All of it
Soulcraft Brewery - Salida - Burger and Beer
Hwy 50 Burger - Salida - Burger and Beer
Tomichi Creek Trading Post - Sargents - Pie
Chappy's - Westcliffe - Burger and Beer

Is the Fairview Inn where they do the tower of beer and bring it to your table? There must be a reason I can't remember for sure... :unsure:
Opened in 1923 to accommodate travelers on the new Alaska Railroad, the small inn found fame (or notoriety) quickly: President Warren G. Harding came for lunch, and died just a few days later. Today, the hotel is comprised of six recently renovated rooms as well as a bar and live music venue. You'll hear everything from jazz and folk to open mic nights and serious rock-n-roll. At the very least, do a walk-through to enjoy some local color and the walls that are full of photos of old timers, can-can girls, ads from the 70's featuring famous climber Ray Genet, a buffalo head, and the "dead" wall-a loving nod to locals who have passed away.

1628867460250.png

Rose's Lariat in Rawlins, WY
Bubba's BBQ in Cody, WY
Gannett Grill in Lander, WY
Sump Saloon in Sheridan, MT
York Bar & Grill in York, MT
Rose Room, Bynum, MT
The Crossing in Wisdom, MT

Back