Did we meet?

ccc23454

So in my hunting travels i meet a lot of people and got me thinking i wounder how many of you i have actually had a 5 min conversation with inpassing on some forest road or trail somewhere. I always like to be polite and BS for a couple, usually happy to share info if i have any and likely offered you a beer if i had any with me. I obviously dont introduce myself as a Hunt talker(nor bring it up) but external to the moments seems like a missed opportunity to put a name with a face of some of you guys. The reason i started thinking about this was i meet some turkey hunters from indiana this spring that were continuing on with some trespass fee hunts and was curious how trip finished for them. Anyone actually ever meet someone else from HT by coincidence in the field?

Last edited:
So in my hunting travels i meet a lot of people and got me thinking i wounder how many of you i have actually had a 5 min conversation with inpassing on some forest road or trail somewhere. I always like to be polite and BS for a couple, usually happy to share info if i have any and likely offered you a beer if i had any with me. I obviously dont introduce myself as a Hunter talker(nor bring it up) but external to the moments seems like a missed opportunity to put a name with a face of some of you guys. The reason i started thinking about this was i meet some turkey hunters from indiana this spring that were continuing on with some trespass fee hunts and was curious how trip finished for them. Anyone actually ever meet someone else from HT by coincidence in the field?
If you offer beers I know we didn’t meet last fall. The only guy I talked to in the field was from Pennsylvania. I had seen his truck at a few spots I’d wanted to check out so I never went into those areas. Killed an elk, got the first quarter to the road quite a ways from where I was parked. As I was resting with my pack next to me with an elk leg sticking out the guy pulls up from the direction I was parked, drinking a beer. I talk to him for a couple minutes salivating at his beer. And he never offers a beer or a ride.

So while not off this forum my best friend in the world I meet of another hunting forum.

I wear my hunttalk sweatshirt fairly religiously, and it has sparked a good pile of conversations with people about what hunttalk is.

It’s also just a really nice light, comfortable, and cool sweatshirt. Not sure if Randy is still selling them. If he was I’d probably buy another.

Last edited:
Hard to find a good hat anymore, all anybody wants to sell is those high crowns or flat bills. Hate em
Had a salesman get offended the other day because I tossed his hat back to him. I don't want your Richardson. They don't fit me. You want my business, bring my guys lunch. Not donuts. Lunch.

Don't get me started on those Flex-fit P.O.S. Like wearing a stretched out sock on your head.

Had a salesman get offended the other day because I tossed his hat back to him. I don't want your Richardson. They don't fit me. You want my business, bring my guys lunch. Not donuts. Lunch.

Don't get me started on those Flex-fit P.O.S. Like wearing a stretched out sock on your head.
That’s exactly what I’ve said.

Oh you just spent $87,000 on parts here’s a $1 hat that looks awful and fits nobody.

I usually try to avoid people but on the few occasions that I have had to talk to someone, they usually turn out to be pretty nice people. I don't think any of them were hunttalkers though.

On the other topic, and this has been bugging me for a while now. What the hell is this flat brim hat everyone hates? I only ask because I am always notoriously out of touch with fasion trends, but still, I don't want anyone to hate me for wearing the wrong hat.

For a young guy, you sound a lot like me!
Funny thing is that when we had our ceramic tile business back in the day we gave out hats. They had a picture of a guy stacking a stall shower and our company name and phone number. They were the only form of advertising we ever did. I think I have one of them in the back of a closet somewhere. I would never wear one it. 1970's polyester, Made in China, P.O.S. The brims were cardboard and you couldn't wash them.

Everybody wanted one. We couldn't keep them in stock. I think our cost was less than $1 each.

So in my hunting travels i meet a lot of people and got me thinking i wounder how many of you i have actually had a 5 min conversation with inpassing on some forest road or trail somewhere. I always like to be polite and BS for a couple, usually happy to share info if i have any and likely offered you a beer if i had any with me. I obviously dont introduce myself as a Hunter talker(nor bring it up) but external to the moments seems like a missed opportunity to put a name with a face of some of you guys. The reason i started thinking about this was i meet some turkey hunters from indiana this spring that were continuing on with some trespass fee hunts and was curious how trip finished for them. Anyone actually ever meet someone else from HT by coincidence in the field?
You would only see me at a trailhead. In the woods - I get off the trail and test my camo if I see someone else is coming. It amazes me that less than half of hunters see me, even in blaze orange.

I've made some good friends over the years sharing a beer at their camp or mine though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back