Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Did I miss the memo on Ammunition stock-pile?

this still works great in my 257 weatherby, the price suggests I bought it in 1974, when the last $3.25 pounds are used I will have to switch for 115 gr nosier in that rifle. Is anyone using H1000 in the 257 W? I have a few pounds of that.

Attachments

• IMG_0122.JPG
    IMG_0122.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Anyone have any .410 shotgun ammo they are wanting to sell? I cant find them anywhere..... ive been checking ammo seek all fall/ winter. its insane!
Our shelves have them, I can send you some if your serious. PM me on what your looking for and your budget.

Same goes for anyone, we have a pretty decent assortment if you know where to look. If you need something PM me and I will check. I charge for the gas to get it and shipping. Otherwise you pay what I pay.

Please include a budget as well. I don’t want to pick something up for you that I’m going to end up getting stuck with.

NO Powder, I can’t ship it.

Ammo I bought today was significantly less than Midway who is out of stock on that caliber. I should be able to ship it at what it would of costed to buy it from them.

Last edited:
this still works great in my 257 weatherby, the price suggests I bought it in 1974, when the last $3.25 pounds are used I will have to switch for 115 gr nosier in that rifle. Is anyone using H1000 in the 257 W? I have a few pounds of that.
I've used H-1000 in my 257wby for 110 accubonds, 115 partitions, gonna give 115 tsx a whirl here in the near future as well.

H1000 with 110gr accubonds in my 257 wby work great

Same goes for anyone, we have a pretty decent assortment if you know where to look. If you need something PM me and I will check. I charge for the gas to get it and shipping. Otherwise you pay what I pay.

NO Powder, I can’t ship it.
Deal with confidence with Addicting mtmuley.

Super low prices? mtmuley
All I know is I am holding out for the super DUPER low prices after all this hysteria is through, then backing the truck up. You saying I should make myself comfortable for a LONG wait? 😜

If something about the logic of waiting for low prices to buy like crazy (which is what many people new to the game might be hoping) seems like economic gibberish - it is. With millions of new gun owners and many new reloaders, even once supply comes back online, price floors are not going back whence they even recently came from.

Last edited:
That’s pretty cool. I can picture a large portion of the clientele at mine clutching their chests at the sight of gunpowder.
I used to go to a little convenience store in Dayton Nevada that had liquor and handguns for sale side by side. Used to buy ammo and components at the Long's Drug in Carson City. mtmuley

This is a true story...

I was at Cabelas just for something to do Saturday morning.

I thought they opened at 9 so we got up and ended up getting there a little early. I was not shopping for anything in particular but just seeing if there was any good after season deals. When we pulled up there was a line of 30 people (Mostly older people 60+) at the door. I said to my wife "oh there must be a big sale today or something".

So we sat in the car and then they opened the doors at 9:00AM. We walked in once the line cleared out and I asked the lady at the front "Hey do you guys have a big sale or something?" She said "No, those guys are here every single day for the last 2 months buying up as much ammo and reloading supplies as they can before everyone else gets here"

Well, the joke was on them because it was pretty cold out and there was 6 boxes of 28 gauge shells on the shelf and 2 boxes of overpriced turkey shells. lol

No doubt these people were buying and re-selling any ammo they could score at a premium price.

Also, they had about 25 guns in the entire store (Including the 10 pistols under the glass). Normally they have hundreds.
The gun counter had been shrunk down to something the size of walmarts gun counter and that wall had been filled in with backpacks and other stuff.

I cannot even find 308 win ammo in stock online not just what I was looking to shoot but any 308. My Walmart has been out since before hunting season. Getting a little worried now.

It's not hoarding if you are using what you have and then need more. The guys that are pissed off are casual shooters that buy stuff the day they need it. mtmuley
I agree. There seems to be 2 different types of people. People who are prepared for times like these ("hoarders"), and people who are unprepared in times like these (people that call people who are prepared hoarders). I can't figure out why it matters to people so much. This seems to happen every 2-4 years. Quit bitching about the people "hoarding" and prepare yourself next chance you get. By the way I'm one of the unprepared guys. Durango Mike is awesome and helped me continue my new hobby of reloading.

I'm not a hoarder. I'm not the best capitalist. I just saw 2500 small rifer primers on the shelf that I'm pretty sure I could have got my money to grow fives times on the listed price. I don't shoot small rifle primer cartridges. I left them for some needy soul, hoping the hoarders(yes,I said it) and the capitalist leave them alone. They will not last a day or more there. I think they are limiting to 500 a purchase. I was happy to get a brick of 22 for $19.90. I recently got a Golden 39A that I plan to shoot a bit this summer so now I have the needed ammo. One brick is not hoarding in my book. Live like you want to live. I still believe things will continue to get better if we give it a chance. I'm a little more concerned with the grocery shelves not being fully stocked. I would really like to see that turn around but I believe that is covid induced. Yes, I do have a freezer of game meat. Do not garden and the grass is a little too frozen to eat right now.

So if all of the ammo makers are running flat out 35-7 what are they doing with all of the stuff they are making?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back