Caribou Gear Tarp

Diarys....

Moosie

Grand poopa
Who keeps them ?!?!? I started this year. I will post some events at the end of the year to see how it looks....

WHo keeps a detailed Diary or jsut a generic one ?!?!

If you don't, I recomend that you do. I've already forgotten things that have happened this year and the short diary I keep reminds me of them !!!!

I used to all the time for quail and varmits.. the last 4 years I have written down every single fishing trip... I dont do it any more.. my memory is pretty good and I dont forget stuff

Delw

I try to keep a generic one for the reason that if I ever start writing on a regular basis, I will have things to go back and remember for past events.... :D

I keep a bird hunting journal telling the date, weather conditions, where we found the coveys, where they escaped to, and anything else I think might make me more effective at finding them the next time.

I don't think I have a dairy but I do keed a log of what I killed. And the weather conditions and what I used as far as calls and scents.And the weapon used.

You know I have never written down anything in a diary for hunting purposes.But you know that sounds like a great idea,I might have to go pick myself up a journal of what happens through out the year of hunting.

I have never written anything down. (Probably because I don't know how too, maybe I should get off of this computer and learn how!!) But I think this year I am going to do that, I think it would be cool to look back on and a great way to know where to go and where not to go. I will do it then post all of my stuff after hunting season.

---------------------------------------------
1bull.jpg

Later, TK. :D :D

I USE MY MAPS I MARK SPOTS WEAR I FIND DEER OR ELK OR PLACES TO CAMP
SOME OF MY MAPS ARE STARTING TO LOOK LIKE A PATTERN ON HOW THE ANIMALS ARE TRAVLING FROM ONE AREA TO ANOTHER

So Moosie, after each hunt do you go home and write Dear Diary, today........

My map is like a diary with the writing of where I see game and game kill sites. A pattern has been shown on my maps. They just do not have the date and weather conditions which would alo be heplful.

The maps get the spots marked on them, The log is where the info goe's. I even have a system where on the map, I mark symbols. That way, I can at a glance know where the water tanks, wallows, old cabin ruins, sightings of small heards, salt licks that the ranchers put out..... :D

I use E for elk sightings, D for deer sightings and EK for elk kills.
I am going to start another map for where I see bear activity, two symbols, one for spring and one for fall.

Started keeping one when I turned 30 (a measly 13 years ago) just for grins and been doing it ever since. Hunting and fishing, where/when/weather, what I caught or shot, a few map sketches or distances to trailheads etc., plus some decent campfire BS :D

One thing it definately showed me was how my days in the field declined as the number of kids increased :( Now that they are getting older and going with me I hope to start building those numbers back up!!

I keep a diary of sorts when I'm out hunting, so I won't forget a lot of things that hppened. CRS, you know.
Now I can't remember where I put the friggin diary! :D :D
Ken

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back