Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Despite the odds, how many Sheep Tags have you Drawn or Won in your Life?

Don't hate me Hunttalk-

2000 Draw- Colorado Archery ram tag with 3 points - First big game animal with a bow 157 P&Y ram solo on day 27 of 30.
2003 Draw - Colorado Rifle ewe tag with 0 points - Killed a nice ewe.
2006 Raffle - Arizona Desert Bighorn Society - Sold/traded for Alaska Dall sheep hunt - Killed a nice ram.
2008 Raffle - RMBS - Statewide Colorado Bighorn Sheep tag- Killed a 182 B&C ram after 34 days of hunting.
2009 Draw - Colorado Rifle Either sex mountain goat killed nice billy.
2011 Raffle - Full Curl Society - Dall Sheep hunt - First year there was a mix up and I had to return it couldn't have take a Dall and win.
2013 Raffle - Grand Slam Club Ovis Dall Sheep hunt in NWT- Traded up for a 2015 cancelation Stone Hunt in BC. Killed a nice ram.
2015 Draw - NM ibex nanny hunt for chance at a billy tag killed a nanny no luck in the billy draw.
2017 Draw - NM ibex nanny hunt for chance at a billy tag went solo missed a nanny.
2017 Raffle - RMSB Statewide Colorado mountain goat tag. Killed a nice billy
2019 Leftover list - Colorado Rifle ewe tag with 2 days left in the season killed a ewe solo.
2019 Draw - NM Aoudad Either sex tag great hunt passed on several smaller rams no harvest.
2020 Draw - NM Ibex bill archery tag - fun hunt saw several had smaller ones and ewes in range no harvest.
2021 Draw - Colorado Rifle nanny mountain goat tag tough hunt no harvest.

Those are just the sheep & goat raffle wins and draws.....

Sandbrew

I hate you.😁

Can't compete with Sandbrew, but I've been pretty damn lucky.

Five, all resident draw tags
1986 - Nevada Desert ram
1994 - Nevada California ram
2015 - Nevada Desert ram
2018 - Nevada Desert ewe
2018 - Nevada Rocky ram

At my age I might be all done for sheep tags, but you just never know. I'm sitting with 17 California points again in Nevada. I have occasionally applied for Oregon and Idaho sheep tags but don't anymore. I've also been fortunate to hunt sheep with friends and family all over Nevada as well as in both Idaho and New Mexico.

I really just want my son to draw a sheep tag so I can hunt with him before I'm too old or dead.

MT Bighorn - 30 years
NV Desert Bighorn - 22 years
NV Cali Bighorn - 22 years
AZ Desert Bighorn - 21 years
UT Desert Bighorn - 13 years
UT Bighorn - 13 years
CO Desert Bighorn - 4 years
NM Desert Bighorn - 4 years
OR Bighorn - 8 years
WY Bighorn - 7 years
ID Bighorn - 2 years

Not sure what that totals up to. Add in a thousand dollars each year for raffles and Super Tags and I seem to be following my expected path that I'll likely go to my grave without drawing a sheep tag.
@Bigfin I'm not going to lie that's an impressive list of not drawing - Thanks OAK. I see a big change lately with internet apps and application services adding more and more people every year its not getting better with out more sheep tags,

Last edited:
From 88-92 I lived in Billings and a buddy and I bought unlimited sheep tags in 502 for a couple seasons. Didn't know what we were doing and never saw a sheep.

In 1996 I was living in Ft Peck and drew a Montana goat tag, District 517. Got a P&Y billy with my bow below Mt Rearguard. If I remember correctly, it was an any weapon season. I don't think there were preference points back then and the odds were about 5% at the time.

Drew a resident Colorado bighorn tag (archery) in 2021 with 3+6 points. S06. Got a 3/4 curl ram on the 3rd day of my hunt.

Drew a Colorado bighorn tag about ten years ago> harvested

Zero! Only have applied it Idaho. No idea how many times I’ve heard someone say they drew the first time they applied but it’s a bunch

I have drawn three Rocky Mountain Bighorn tags in Idaho — in 1999, 2006, and 2019. These were from the resident pool.

While the expression “The third time’s the charm” proved true, I am sad that I won’t be returning to those mountains with another tag in my pocket.

Also, I regret not wearing a pair of Ostrich Tecovas on the hunt. 😀

62EB5BAC-6525-4C27-B877-17AF6A0FA903.jpeg

After many raffles and draws I’m still at Zero! Over 20 points in CO, hope to draw some day.

I have drawn three Rocky Mountain Bighorn tags in Idaho — in 1999, 2006, and 2019. These were from the resident pool.

While the expression “The third time’s the charm” proved true, I am sad that I won’t be returning to those mountains with another tag in my pocket.

View attachment 211726
Great ram and great photo. Looks like some nasty terrain and a well earned sheep.

View attachment 211726
That is a spectacular photo, and gorgeous ram.

Zero for me been applying for yrs in Idaho due to non point system n have points in Co. going to burn them in a few yrs on ewe tag I have enough to get that tag

View attachment 211726
I'm BAKPAKR . . . thank you for your business . . .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back