Desert Bighorn - Pic Heavy

Utah you say... You buddies with the Don (Peay)? :LOL:

Congrats and good luck! Please share how things pan out!

I remember the thread about your wife's hunt. Congrats on beating the odds and thanks for sharing these awesome photos. BTW, I liked the Ranger promo shot, you need to send that one into Ford.

Sheep vary their rut quite a bit, I've heard August in some southern desert areas to december in some northern plains areas. Thanks for the info!

Sheep vary their rut quite a bit, I've heard August in some southern desert areas to december in some northern plains areas. Thanks for the info!
You're correct. In Utah there are two main rut periods depending on whether they're the Utah strain or Nevada strain sheep. My unit has sheep rutting right now, my wife's unit didn't rut until late October.

BTW, I liked the Ranger promo shot, you need to send that one into Ford.

Here's another one for you... that little truck is an absolute beast in the mountains. The Trail Control is unreal!20190831_185034.jpg

The first ram in post #29 is a potential shooter if we can find him again. We initially found him bedded in the shade with his ewes a long way away. You can see the curl of his horn if you zoom in the center of the shade here

20190831_185721.jpg

A week from tomorrow and we'll be heading south :cool:

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back