Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Desert Bighorn - Pic Heavy

To someone who might not understand, they might think that this opening day ram was an easy hunt, a walk in the park. Obviously the effort is front loaded with catching lightning (drawing the tag) followed by research, scouting, more scouting, learning the whereabouts and habits, and then finally last and almost least, sending the bullet.

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. Congratulations
You're exactly right. Including travel, we spent 17 days looking for that ram. To me, having a gun in your hand is only part of the experience, all the buildup to get there is nearly just as fun. And if it pays off with the biggest ram you've seen so far on opening day, then all the better.

Damn man, that is an awesome Ram. Congratulations! Is he 9? having trouble with the count...
The state biologist said 8 1/2. The taxidermist said that biologists don't know what they're talking about 🤣 and that he's 9 1/2. So nobody seems to know

Congratulations on a ram well earned. Glad all your hard work paid off. So how many years will it take before your son/daughter can draw the next tag?

The state biologist said 8 1/2. The taxidermist said that biologists don't know what they're talking about 🤣 and that he's 9 1/2. So nobody seems to know

Either way, what an awesome old ram! A good prop for the stories you'll get to tell your first born about the adventures behind it.

Grizzly, thanks for taking us along on your journey. Your efforts, photos and story line were exceptional. Keep us posted on the arrival of your newest family member in November.

Grizzly thanks for the great hunt trip and sharing this once in a lifetime experience with us. Good luck with being a dad!

Congratulations! I really enjoyed the photos as well as the rest of your report. So, when do you think you or your wife will beat the odds on the next tag?

I'm pretty sure we've burned through more than our share of luck already. Probably heading to a decades-long bad-luck-winter now 🥺

PS. If anybody ever draws a sheep tag and needs an extra set of eyes, just shoot me a PM

Back