Dehydrated Meal Packs

From my past experience Mt. House is good. My friends and I have never had any luck with the eggs though. I'd stay away from the eggs and "baco bits".

I take my hat off to you guys who live on that stuff. If I am going out for only 3 or 4 days - For my main meals I will make up some mac and cheese, beans and rice, chili or stew let it cool - then grab my vacuum pack machine put a meal in bag, zap the air out and you are ready to go. Take along a couple of zip lock freezer bags for the open vacuum bags and to conceal the smell. Will do the same with canned chicken or beef that you can buy at Costco pop open the can throw the meat in a vacuum bag. Does not add that much more weight and all you have to do is put it in boiling water and you have something that taste a bit better than freeze dried lasagna.
Ron

I am partial to pizza:D Seriously.....I take 3/4 of a large pizza for a 2-3 day hunt. Throw in some snacks and thats it. It does not go bad, pretty light, and can be thrown down cold or heated over the fire. No fuel, pot, or jetboil needed.

I've been using Backpacker's Pantry for ages. Only qualm that I had was the absence of big chunks of meat (which none of the freeze-dried/dehydrated foods offer). Solved that by bringing along pre-cooked chicken breast or tuna/salmon steak pouches (found w/ the canned chicken & tuna). They are fairly light and add a lot of substance to the meals.

Where is everybody shopping at to locate the best deals for them?
Brock, in Idaho you can pick up Mtn House meals at Winco for $5 or less. The selection sucks, but the price is good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back