Yeti GOBOX Collection

Tried a new backpacking meal brand, Hawk Vittles

NDGuy

Just wanted to share.

Tried this brand out after hearing about them in the past. I enjoyed most of the meals, some were pretty spicey but good flavor and tasted more like a meal vs hot mush.

Really enjoyed all the breakfasts but the beef/bison meals were fantastic as well. Highly recommend and it's less expensive than MTN House.

Only downside is the food is dehydrated vs freeze dried so shelf life is about a year.

Thanks for sharing I had never heard of them. Just took a quick Glance they have a lot of unique options.. I’m surprised at the seafood options the idea of eating freeze dried seafood while Out hunting sounds like a bad idea.

Thanks for sharing I had never heard of them. Just took a quick Glance they have a lot of unique options.. I’m surprised at the seafood options the idea of eating freeze dried seafood while Out hunting sounds like a bad idea.
Lol agreed. I did not partake in those. I bought the snuggie as well which worked nice for keeping food warm while it hydrated.

Here's what I tried and my tastiness rating:

Bison Stew 9/10
Buffalo Pasta 8/10
Breakfast Caserole 9/10
Breakfast Grits 10/10
Chicken Pilaf 6/10
Hashbrowns with Sausage/Egg 8/10
Moroccan Stew 6/10 (Spicy)
North African Stew 5/10
Sweet Italian Peppers and Sausage 7.5/10

(Disclaimer I do not normally eat African cuisine so it might just be my pallet, both were edible for me)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back