DAV moose hunt...WOOHOO!!!!!

I got the call of a lifetime yesterday morning. I was selected for a DAV moose hunt in Idaho this fall. I can't thank Bryan (@brymoore) for setting me up with IWF and getting me sponsored into this. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. The biggest thing I've killed was a couple of cow elk. This is all new to me and I'm still trying to come to terms with it and starting logistics. We'll be in unit 73. Does anyone have info on the area, such at rutting dates and butchers in the area or anyone who lives near wanting to stop in camp for a beer? Would I be better off hunting the rut or waiting until after deer season? Ugh....so much to think about and take in and plan....
I don't usually do this but.. John, can you tell me where your honey hole is? You guys were in the moose ;)

Come on Cush!!! We’re jonesing for the details. Guys are so desperate that they’re resorting to passing the time by reading my hunt recap… which sucks in comparison

Headshots, or the femoral artery, every other shot is too easy. #rightbetweenthefuggineyes
✋ Accidental femoral artery shot with a recurve on a small Shiras bull here.

He jumped the string and I had a sickening feeling as I saw that the arrow was going to hit way far back. However, as soon as the arrow hit, it looked as if an unseen hand was pulling a red ribbon from the bull’s hip. I knew I had a bull. I watched him go down. I don’t think he went 30 yards.

✋ Accidental femoral artery shot with a recurve on a small Shiras bull here.

He jumped the string and I had a sickening feeling as I saw that the arrow was going to hit way far back. However, as soon as the arrow hit, it looked as if an unseen hand was pulling a red ribbon from the bull’s hip. I knew I had a bull. I watched him go down. I don’t think he went 30 yards.
Accident is one thing. There’s 2 separate pics of mule deer on the “great social media posts” thread, 1 with an arrow in the head and 1 with an arrow sticking out of a bucks ass. Both original posters said that was their only shots.

Mooseknuckle for breakfast come and get it boys!
At the surprise of Bambi strolling in wearing nothing but a loin cloth and rabbit fur tassels John inhaled a popper and began a coughing fit. Brian and Bryan started arguing... yet again that John was coughing from the cigarettes or the gas caused by the poppers as everyone was reenacting the Blazing Saddles "campfire seen".

At the surprise of Bambi strolling in wearing nothing but a loin cloth and rabbit fur tassels John inhaled a popper and began a coughing fit. Brian and Bryan started arguing... yet again that John was coughing from the cigarettes or the gas caused by the poppers as everyone was reenacting the Blazing Saddles "campfire seen".

This is almost as good as reality. Keep it going!

The moose was staring at John.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back