Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Dallas/Fort Worth eats?

Dave N

Just a day after we got home from our road trip to see the Bristol dirt race the wife surprised me and asked if we could go to the October NASCAR race in Texas. Why, heck yeah we could! Combo of race, FINALLY getting to the last of the 50 states for me to visit, and FOOD! We watch all kinds of food shows on TV and try to visit what we can while on the road. I'm a big BBQ fan but it seems like everywhere we've stopped at doesn't stand up to what I can do at home. Especially brisket. I'm looking for suggestions for your BEST TASTING, JUICIEST, to die for brisket in the greater Ft. Worth/Dallas area. That's our first stop, not quite sure which direction we'll go after race weekend. Leaning on heading to Louisiana before heading home for some Cajun food, but open to tourist type places and FOOD in the rest of Texas since we'll be there anyway. BBQ and beef in general are tops on the wish list. I've seen the "Top 10 greatest" lists but take those with a grain of salt on how objective they are. Plenty of folks here to ask and discuss with.

Let the suggestions commence, please and thank you!

Last edited:
We’ve ate at quite a few but
Panther City, Pecan Lodge, and
Ferris Wheelers Backyard were all very good. Went to a wedding dinner at The Lonesome Dove in the Stockyards, kinda pricey but a bunch of pretty unique eats and they were ALL excellent.

I've tried most of them, check out Baker's Ribs. We always stop there on our way to Chama every year. They have several locations, but the one we stop at is in Canton, Tx, exit 526 heading Westbound. It is on the South side of I-20 on the Service Rd. Several locations in Dallas, and also in Garland and a few other towns.

Last edited:
The lonesome dove was one of the best meals I've ever had. The greatest wild boar and elk tenderloin of my life. Book a tablet now if you can.

The lonesome dove was one of the best meals I've ever had. The greatest wild boar and elk tenderloin of my life. Book a tablet now if you can.

The wild boar was off the chain, also the Smoked Crab Enchilada and
Rabbit Ragu with house made pasta was legit! Hell one of the kids ordered the White Truffle Mac & Cheese and I damn near didn’t get a bite!

Babe’s Chicken Dinner House in Roanoke (DFW area) family style portioning. Fantastic...won’t break the bank.

It's a little bit of a drive from the race track but Woody Creek BBQ in springtown has the best ribs I've eaten. For steak, I'd pick Mesquite Pit, the original in Weatherford or beafmasters in Weatherford. Hard eight is pretty good as well.

I second Babe's.
Head North on I-35 and take the 82 west exit to Lindsay, eat at Dieter Bros. BBQ then go a little farther west into Muenster and pick up some sausage at Fischer's and/or Hess Meats. Maybe stop at Bayer's Kolonialwaren and get some German style pastries.
Grapevine has everything you can imagine too for eats.

Mexican food - try LaPlaya Maya just north of downtown on North Main.
BBQ - the best in Ft Worth used to be "The Hitchin' Post" in Azle, but Don retired.
For BBQ, I'd try something in "The Stockyards" out on North Main. Riscky's used to be good.
Stay away from "Angelo's" (White Settlement Rd just west of downtown Ftw)
For killer diller seafood in Ftw, go to "Poppadeaux's". It sits just north of IH30 off of Forest Park Blvd.

Now!
You want some "REAL" Texas BBQ?
Taylor, Texas "Louis Mueller's BBQ"!
They've been in business since back in the 1940's.

In Texas, any time you see some little "hole-in-the-wall" bbq shack in some woebegone little backroad nowhere, stop and try them.
It may curdle your grits or it may be an experience you'll never forget.

The good BBQ is all down in the hill country!

No suggestions as I've spent very little time in DFW, just wanted to say that I'm shocked that Texas is the state you need to complete all 50. Crazy to have been to 49 states but not Texas!

Kidding aside enjoy your trip Dave!

The good BBQ is all down in the hill country!

No suggestions as I've spent very little time in DFW, just wanted to say that I'm shocked that Texas is the state you need to complete all 50. Crazy to have been to 49 states but not Texas!

Kidding aside enjoy your trip Dave!
Yeah, just never made it that direction far enough yet!

If you're hankering for delicious fresh shellfish...downtown Dallas, cool little place smak dab in the middle of the bustle

Spendy steak, great wine list...also downtown Big D

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back