Cutting up elk

CTELK83

Hello all... I am in the market for a vaccume sealer... I am going to start processing all of my own game meat. Any suggestions?

I would jump on Walton’s website and watch the videos on the three they offer. The middle one seem quite nice. This is one of those products that you get what you pay for.

Wish I could get the damn things to last. We use them so much it seems we get 2 years out of one and it will give up the ghost middle of the season. What ones are you guys using that last?

Go with a chamber sealer, more money up front but the bags are much cheaper. I have a Weston and love it.

I’ve been looking at these, we use ours a ton. What is your cycle time? I’ve seen some that were almost instant and others that take 30+ seconds.

I bought the Cabela’s commercial 15in several years ago and have used it quite a bit the only issue I’ve had is we had to replace the seal I’m not sure how there stuff is now though after the merger

I'm a total cheapskate. We have a Food Saver 500 series I got at a thrift store. I learned to re-use ziplock freezer bags to do a lot short term vac seal jobs.

Vacmaster chamber sealer. Been using ours 5 years now with doing a lot of fish, several pigs and 4-5 elk or deer a year.
expensive up front but bags are cheaper in the long run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back