Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Crying through the inreach in Medellin, Co - beam me up wllm

I don’t know if I’m going back into that place on this trip or ever again, but I drove around yesterday and found some much more accessible areas that I think I’m gonna check out this afternoon.
I go into my NM unit tomorrow. I hope you are successful this season. I’ll look forward to catching the rest of the story when I come out. Have a safe ride back to IL.

Oh my freaking gosh you guys I almost came out heavy tonight!!!

I had a bear on its back legs in the crosshairs at 216 but just couldn’t get steady enough to send it.

that was so awesome!
a freaking bear!

I lost track of it in the thick stuff sometime right around the end of shooting light.

I waited till it was completely dark and tried to exit as quietly as I could without turning on my headlamp.

can you put bears to sleep?

should I be sitting there tomorrow before the sun comes up tomorrow?

E161F8AC-AAC4-4B93-972D-5DD0C3D61AD9.jpeg

If they’re working a good food source they’ll typically keep coming back till it’s gone or something bumps em out.

Sorry to get everyone all excited for nothing but no dice.

I got in there well before first light and didn’t end up seeing anything “that’s the way it goes” I guess. 🤷‍♂️

I’m still really stoked to have had that one in the crosshairs though. If this would’ve been an SG film lead definitely would’ve been flying, but as a bow hunter I am very selective with my shots. 😉

I’m kinda torn on what to do now. I don’t really have any desire to go home but I’ve got an ikon tag for this winter that is really important to me to fill.
I think I might go snag my freshly waxed skis, find somewhere in summit to camp out for one last night, get up early and head for home.

thanks for tuning in folks

Back