Yeti GOBOX Collection

cry me a river......

We should probably send them some of our wolves to help them out......

Since they were introduced to the hills of Kentucky and other states, these elk have lost a great deal of their fear of man due to their celebrity status (tourist attraction) and no hunting pressure. Add to that the fact that most of the forests are thick hardwoods which in a lot of that area come down to within a few feet of the road surface and minimizes the time required for a motorist to see one and react. Compare that to the conditions found in the west where they for the most part are found away from settled areas. There are exceptions of course, but in most of those situations a motorist has a great deal more time to react due to the openness of the terrain, so with that in mind, maybe you can understand why the adjustment to the elk situation is going to rankle some people, especially if you found one in your lap one night.

There is not a day goes by that I do not wish my yard WAS mired by elk manure!

very special quote I am still laughing at. In a test of wits I'd put money n the elk before ole Lou Brock...:
"Last month, Lou Brock plowed into two elk in his Toyota Tacoma, doing $9,000 worth of damage. "They are ignorant animals," Brock said. "If they see headlights, they run toward them. They're stupid."

I see a comment on the article that was penned my Hillbilly meth head. Coincidense?

Last edited:
Last month, Lou Brock plowed into two elk in his Toyota Tacoma, doing $9,000 worth of damage. "They are ignorant animals," Brock said. "If they see headlights, they run toward them. They're stupid."

C'mon o'toothless Lou.... turn the damn headlights off !! You have to be smarter than the toyota....

Too funny....:D

Since they were introduced to the hills of Kentucky and other states, these elk have lost a great deal of their fear of man due to their celebrity status (tourist attraction) and no hunting pressure. Add to that the fact that most of the forests are thick hardwoods which in a lot of that area come down to within a few feet of the road surface and minimizes the time required for a motorist to see one and react. Compare that to the conditions found in the west where they for the most part are found away from settled areas. There are exceptions of course, but in most of those situations a motorist has a great deal more time to react due to the openness of the terrain, so with that in mind, maybe you can understand why the adjustment to the elk situation is going to rankle some people, especially if you found one in your lap one night.

you know how I know your gay?

If they think elk are ignorant then they surely haven't driven down a road with cattle on both sides:eek: Who knows what those block heads are thinking.

They really shouldn't be transplanting elk in places where they are smarter then the residents.Then they have a tag thats almost impossible to draw, but allow residents to shoot them in Jan/Feb. for eating their flowers;unreal

Cows are dumber than rocks. When was the last time a rock sat on the side of the road and waited til you were right on top of it and, only then, ran out in front of you?
Elk were probably pushed onto the Kentuckyites in the same manner that wolves were pushed on me, By a bunch of a55 clowns from the 9th district. The solution is really quite simple. There was a process that was followed to place the elk in the area, reverse the process! God has a way of weeding out the stupid, maybe elk are his chosen method in Kentucky......

maybe if you didnt plant $500 bushes all over your yard that elk flock to like candy, there wouldnt be a problem. Simple fix, dont like the elk, build a 10 foot fence around your perfect yard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cwdrx
Back