Caribou Gear Tarp

Cruz is Out

3% downward trend under Obama? why?
Interesting you pick 2 states that are in the bottom 7 in population, preaching to the choir?

All that "Hope and Change" hype turned out to be just that.

The person I was responding to shows their location to be Billings, MT. If there is a better state than Montana to show how his local economy is doing, please let me know. I could show him how Deleware or Alabama are doing, but I doubt that would be relevant to his situation.

I fully understand why all of these things happen.

Me stating that they are happening, and that it is impacting our economy has nothing to do with why, or with me taking a side on the political aspect of the more contentious ones, such as coal. Coal dying is probably for the greater, long term well being. That doesn't negate the impact it is having on local business and government budgets.

Commodities always perform in Boom/Bust cycles. Obviously. And right now they're in the bust part. That is also hurting the economy. Not sure what there is to debate here.

The regional economic outlook is fairly bleak.
You seem to kind of acknowledge that, then disregard it because the 'why' part can be explained.

The person I was responding to shows their location to be Billings, MT. If there is a better state than Montana to show how his local economy is doing, please let me know. I could show him how Delaware or Alabama are doing, but I doubt that would be relevant to his situation.

And if he'd replied about the local MT economy you'd have a point, but since the reply was to the economy in general your analysis of 2 smaller states, population wise, seems to be very myopic.

And if he'd replied about the local MT economy you'd have a point, but since the reply was to the economy in general your analysis of 2 smaller states, population wise, seems to be very myopic.

Well, it looks like his discussion was about the coal mining, the Burlington Northern in Montana, and investments along the High Line, not to mention the tech companies in Bozeman.

Seems like he was very interested in his Local Economy.

But, if you care to find the National Unemployment rates for the last 20 years, and plot them with the Montana rates, go for it. What do you want to bet there is a positive correlation, and, likely a pretty good R-Squared value?

If you are gonna argue data, bring data.

Well, it looks like his discussion was about the coal mining, the Burlington Northern in Montana, and investments along the High Line, not to mention the tech companies in Bozeman.

Seems like he was very interested in his Local Economy.

But, if you care to find the National Unemployment rates for the last 20 years, and plot them with the Montana rates, go for it. What do you want to bet there is a positive correlation, and, likely a pretty good R-Squared value?

If you are gonna argue data, bring data.

Hold tight, I'm looking for my own screen shot of data...
I'll get back to you next week when I'm back from TN.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back