Crossbow bill tabled

Do any of the states that allow crossbows have general archery season that last 6 weeks and special archery areas open for 4 1/2 months?
East of the Big Muddy, lots of states. One can hunt here statewide from 10/1 to 1/4. If you are in a specially designated 'urban' area your season is 9/15 to 1/31.

And yes, I realize here isn't there...

OMG what about the children!? The future of hunting is doomed without crossbows!
It's cool, they can wait for elk to walk by on the women/children/old people hunt on the jackson elk refuge. I've literally seen lawn chairs and fruity drinks deployed.

Imagine how yer all's head would explode if someone proposed allowing noise suppressors on crossbows. ;)

NHY, that is the most annoying link, like, ever.

I think it should be clear by now that Montana hunters don't want cross bows in their archery season, no matter what the reason.

Time for the elected officials to get the hint and work on something more worthwhile.

I agree that unless you have a disability you have no buisness using a crossbow during archery season.
Fat and lazy does not qualify as a disability.
If they are allowed during rifle season go right ahead.

I agree that unless you have a disability you have no buisness using a crossbow during archery season.
Fat and lazy does not qualify as a disability.
If they are allowed during rifle season go right ahead.

Could have fooled me if you look at who's getting HC placards....

I agree with most about disadvantage when I used to hunt with my Mathews compound one of the most challenging part & biggest rush was when you had to get drawn for the shot.

And now I am using a crossbow but only because I am limited from MS, I put my bow down for years so I did not wound a animal because my lack of confidence. Then a buddy told me about disabled archer permit. I think in some cases a crossbow is ok if some are still wanting to hunt.

General season, no problem, imo... archery season should stay... archery.

Do any of the states that allow crossbows have general archery season that last 6 weeks and special archery areas open for 4 1/2 months?

Indiana. . .runs from Oct 1st till Jan 7th. . .id say that's a long season (with no breaks at all)

Back