Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Cow Creek Ranch

So get some business
There's the difference. Hunting for me is free roaming wildlife and the hunting legacy. Fun, family, and freezer .... certainly not a business. But again, that's just my personal perspective.

If I got on a commercial high fence hunting forum and began promoting my perspective, I would expect some adverse feedback. I do apologize for offending your business thread. Perhaps there are a good number on here who will pony up for your style of hunting business. I sincerely hope you do prosper financially to continue to nurture the species found on your ranch.

Perhaps there are a good number on here who will pony up for your style of hunting business.

Probably not, but I for one would like to see some pics of Aoudad out and about in the Texas countryside, doing what they do while not at a feeder. Or at least some more pics of the cute blondes that come to your ranch to hunt...:D

I will say this. I do enjoy this forum simply because negative feedback to me is somewhat educating and interesting! I am going to continue to promote, and post pictures with the consideration of opinions such as "straight arrows" and others that are similar in kind. I have repositioned a select few trail cameras to a more natural setting just to soften up this "feedlot" talk. I respect honest opinions, and would love to hear them. All I ask is for in return is a little respect for my ranch, and this mission I am trying to accomplish.

Harley you're the only guy on the whole, entire interweb that has sent me packin' for a Webster's.

You're all right.

It's milk.

This hunt is not for me in my present condition, however, I reserve the right to hunt anyway I feel is within my ethics or abilities in the future.
I appreciate that the OP did not take a bunch of 'free range' pics and then try to pass it off as something it is not.

I will say this. I do enjoy this forum simply because negative feedback to me is somewhat educating and interesting! I am going to continue to promote, and post pictures with the consideration of opinions such as "straight arrows" and others that are similar in kind. I have repositioned a select few trail cameras to a more natural setting just to soften up this "feedlot" talk. I respect honest opinions, and would love to hear them. All I ask is for in return is a little respect for my ranch, and this mission I am trying to accomplish.

All kidding about blondes aside, please do continue to post pics. And seriously consider posting a detailed write up of a hunt, with lots of field pics.

This hunt is not for me in my present condition, however, I reserve the right to hunt anyway I feel is within my ethics or abilities in the future.
I appreciate that the OP did not take a bunch of 'free range' pics and then try to pass it off as something it is not.

Well said.

Are you suggesting that our ancestors did not use bait, traps, shooting after sundown or other means that today would be deemed illegal to hunt/harvest more animals? To assume that would be amiss. Your argument of modern moral relativism is simply based on a preconceived set of rules based on ones upbringing or self developed ideals, not what we as a specie have done over the ages to survive. Never the less I am not suggesting that in modern times we need to use bait to be successful given that we have firearms that shoot hundreds of yards with great accuracy and/or could certainly go to a grocery store or McDonalds for dinner. What I am suggesting is this is based on every individuals belief on what hunting is or should be. And should be left at that. Nothing more or less.

Our ancestors were subsistence hunting in a way that is rare in this day and age. No I was not really talking of how our paleolithic and neolithic ancestors procured supper by the best and most efficient methods available to them at the time, but more an erosion of the traditional ethics of gaining game through fair chase, woodsmanship, and hard work developed here in the good ole US under the North American Management Model. It is not uncommon in our modern society for traditional values concerning work, church, marriage, gun ownership, to come under attack by the same methods. Why should hunting be any different. These traditions are just "your values" and they don't apply in such and such situation. How dare you apply your values to someone else's different situation.

I think it is part of the rot slowing tearing down our society. It's easier to shoot them behind a fence an near a feeder. Why don't we all do it. Nothing but marginalized outdated opinions in the way. It will make a great business. Yee HAW

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back