Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Texas Aoudad #2 (Revised)

What do you believe I can do better with my posts for CCR?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know that's the only game in town in TX and my heart goes out to you guys, but the proliferation of this type of thinking is hurting the sport of hunting. True trophies are not based on some measurements of horns, but taking on quarry on a level playing field.

Trophies are taken through work, knowledge and luck. Not cash.

I know that's the only game in town in TX and my heart goes out to you guys, but the proliferation of this type of thinking is hurting the sport of hunting. True trophies are not based on some measurements of horns, but taking on quarry on a level playing field.

Trophies are taken through work, knowledge and luck. Not cash.

One more thing! Where we hunt it is not high fenced and we do not sit in blinds in front of feeders we get on elevated ground with ATV's and then we walk. It is a 4500 acre piece of land so we do actually spot and stalk the animal. We believe in the same things, but just because I have feeders on my place doesn't make our operation a bad thing like your making it out to be.

CC...funny you should mention the world's oldest profession...coz you seriously need to have some ashes hauled.

I hope you get to feeling better.:rolleyes:

He asked how to better promote his guide business operation and I answered. I don't have a problem with him having the business.

Here is my take. I drew an Aoudad tag from Texas F&G for a hunt on state land. Devil's River SNA. Fun hunt when in February I normally I would be on the couch wishing was fall hunting season. Shot 23" ram and am still picking cactus needles out of hand. My ram would have bigger horns if had regular servings of vittles to supplement brush and cacti. No feeders at Devils River. I will hunt South Africa someday so am not opposed to fences to create sustainable hunting operations. I will want big chunks of land with animals that are wary in South Africa. I would not shoot a critter at a feeder but have hunted at a water tank for elk in AZ. I have hunted in farm fields for deer in Missouri. Again, wary animals. My hunch is you can have a challenging aoudad hunt if you treat the feeders as a no-shoot zone and focus on the canyons. Aoudad are wary and tough. West Texas is somewhere I will hunt again and perhaps on private land next time since my couch gets boring during Jan through March.

Here is my take. I drew an Aoudad tag from Texas F&G for a hunt on state land. Devil's River SNA. Fun hunt when in February I normally I would be on the couch wishing was fall hunting season. Shot 23" ram and am still picking cactus needles out of hand. My ram would have bigger horns if had regular servings of vittles to supplement brush and cacti. No feeders at Devils River. I will hunt South Africa someday so am not opposed to fences to create sustainable hunting operations. I will want big chunks of land with animals that are wary in South Africa. I would not shoot a critter at a feeder but have hunted at a water tank for elk in AZ. I have hunted in farm fields for deer in Missouri. Again, wary animals. My hunch is you can have a challenging aoudad hunt if you treat the feeders as a no-shoot zone and focus on the canyons. Aoudad are wary and tough. West Texas is somewhere I will hunt again and perhaps on private land next time since my couch gets boring during Jan through March.

This hits the nail on the head!!
Thank You

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back