Counting Coup

Gerald, very cool encounter with that bear......it seems you must be getting some intel from Theat on how to raid bear dens! Nicely done on that buck as well. Nasty living in Montana huh? You can always go back home east......NOT! Congrats on the deer. Wish I could have been there for the pack out, you know I owe you one!

Amazing, Gerald! Grats! Cool story and photos. Thanks for sharing.

That's a pretty cool day right there. Great story, pics and some horns and meat. Hard to beat that!

Great encounter, and hunt young man. I too found a bear in his den a few years ago. He was in a hollowed out fir tree that he had plugged the opening up with bear grass. He was in it kind of rolled up side down. He rolled his head out in that same position to look at me. I talked to him with the rifle pointed in his direction and left him be.

Awesome encounter and buck. Don't you actually have to touch it with your coup stick to count it as coup? I'll be looking forward to the video! ;)

-Cade

Really cool looking buck! Great encounter with the bear, one to remember for sure and as always your pictures are great. Awesome day on the hill.

Awesome pics and story. One thing about it if you change your mind on harvesting the bear I bet he will be in the same area in the spring!!

That is an eagle feather worthy coup Gerald. Combined with a heavy pack out, I think Karma paid you nicely.

Thats a great pic or two Gerald and nice job on the buck!! You had me thinking you kilt that poor wittle bear.... hehehe

Sticking with the theme... and not meaning to hijack...

The Bitterroot Destroyer (Rocky Dog) and I were elk hunting about a decade ago when we ran into this...

I had him stand to the side with his shooter at the ready and I stuck my arm as far down as I could with my camera and flash on the end... and this is what I got...

Luckily for her and us, she didn't come charging out. She had another in there with her... never did get the other on camera though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back