Countdown to the new site!

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Well guys, the time has come to make the conversion to the new site.

Though I have not been able to get all the content completed and there will still be a few pieces that are "under construction," things have come a long ways.

Next Friday night, we intend to take hunttalk down, while we transition the database to the new servers and load it up on the new site. If you come to the site and it says we are temporarily unavailable, don't sweat it. We plan to have it back up by Sunday night.

The new site will have Hunttalk as the core of the On Your Own Adventures message. You guys will be the foundation from which the site will grow.

Yes, there will be advertising. If they aren't part of the TV show, they won't be on the website. It has been done as tastefully as possible, but if the story of non-guided hunting is to come forward, we need sponsors. Like it or not, that is a reality of what we are dealing with.

Whether you go to www.hunttalk.com or www.onyourownadventures.com, you will end up at the same place.

Any of you who have state hunting/drawing/regulation information you want to share, or if you want to be the "go to" guy for your state, please get me your information. We want to have an overview of each state, so hunttalkers can learn more about non-guided hunting.

The show will start on July 3rd, playing three times a week for 26 weeks. Hopefully the new site and the show will bring something to the hunting world that everyone has been asking for. It is a risk that hunters ask for non-guided hunting, but won't watch or support those sponsors who step forward. That is a risk I am willing to take (and have taken). I have no doubt when people see our show and the message we are trying to bring forward, the support will follow.

Lots of work yet to do, so please hang with us when we make the conversion. You guys are the most hard core group of hunters on the web, so your comments, ideas, and feedback will be listened to with great attention.

Happy Hunting!

Fin,

Check your email...I sent over a document. Let me know what I need to change, delete, or add.

"Any of you who have state hunting/drawing/regulation information you want to share, or if you want to be the "go to" guy for your state, please get me your information. We want to have an overview of each state, so hunttalkers can learn more about non-guided hunting."

did you get the stuff I have already sent? and if so, do you need anything else? any other midwest states you need help with?

I have spent the last three days doing nothing but web stuff, and we still have a lot we will have to do, after we get it moved over.

Stand by!

Big Fin- Congrats on the new site!!! Love the new look and format. If you don't mind, I do have one suggestion. IMO, it would be nice if each individual forum would update the posts separately. So, if I only have a few minutes and I check Fireside and Elk, the other posts I didn't look at on the other forums stay tagged as 'unread'.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back