Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Coues mount

BuzzH

Finally got around to mounting the coues deer I shot in AZ last winter.

Turned out pretty good.

IMG_1162_1_1.JPG

its hard to pick it apart with the picture quality as it is.......
....air a lil more pink in left ear :D

nice job Buzz!

Well Buzz you did a fine job... I really like the pink hue inside the ears.....none of my mounts look that natural... of course they are old and cracking...but still yours looks as good or better than any I`ve had done.

Looks good Buzz!

What kind of tanning do you use? The reason I ask is I'm in the midst of having all my African stuff mounted and I keep hearing conflicting opinions between wet and dry tanning... Which do you perfer?

Nice work Buzz. That turned out great. I need some lessons on home tanning too. I don't know what to do with all these frozen wolf and grizzly hides.

Greenhorn said:
Nice work Buzz. That turned out great. I need some lessons on home tanning too. I don't know what to do with all these frozen wolf and grizzly hides.

Make loin cloths out of em...

Cute lil' thing Buzz. The milk on it's mouth is a nice touch.:D

Good 'above average' job...as usual.

Bambi,

I dont know which is better, but that one is a wet tan. I used liqua-tan.

I will say this though, I've tanned whitetail, mule deer, and antelope and the thing I like about doing my own tan is that you dont get any hair breakage like you do from a commercial tanner.

Excellent job Buzz, he looks great........Damn, if I'd have known you could get them done that quick I would'a sent mine your way.....Next year maybe-

-Dave

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back