Caribou Gear

Corner Crossing

You completely misread my remark - read earlier in the thread when ad coelum was discussed - in 1946 SCOTUS ended as anachronistic this thousand-year-old principle in 1946 when it was raised by landowners who didn't like planes flying overhead - they want $5,000 in 1946 dollars for that and they got $0.
I tend to ignore your posts, other than the first line as soon as I see who it’s from.

I tend to ignore your posts, other than the first line as soon as I see who it’s from.
Yet you continue to reply . . . Please feel free to ignore all my posts going forward - there is a block user feature somewhere on the site if that helps.

I proposed $10,000 but even that will be low for many but I think a reasonable compromise. Look for volunteers of course at first, then go after those big parcels with just one corner to cross.
I think there are many factors that would effect the market price of an easement between willing seller/buyer. But if we get to a point of legislative action/eminent domain...I doubt the compensation will be anywhere close to 5 figures...as explained by VG.

It won't happen over night, but with digital/online mapping availability, a growing interest in the outdoors, and the increasing political target on the 1%...its only a matter of time before those who attempt to block public lands by corner crossing arguments find themselves out in the cold.

Its very telling that there are really no corner crossing tickets...shows who has the most to lose given so many people cross corners every year in western states.

I think there are many factors that would effect the market price of an easement between willing seller/buyer. But if we get to a point of legislative action/eminent domain...I doubt the compensation will be anywhere close to 5 figures...as explained by VG.

It won't happen over night, but with digital/online mapping availability, a growing interest in the outdoors, and the increasing political target on the 1%...its only a matter of time before those who attempt to block public lands by corner crossing arguments find themselves out in the cold.

Its very telling that there are really no corner crossing tickets...shows who has the most to lose given so many people cross corners every year in western states.
I as a hunter also hope somehow we can gain access to some of these lands but a $1 easement payment is not going to create a win-win or consensus building process. My suggestion of $10,000 a corner is even pitifully low but it’s a good place to start and we might even find some of these landowners who would volunteer to open up their lands and grant an easement and also allow us to prioritize those lands which are the biggest bang for the buck, ie most landlocked land parcels hiding behind one mere corner. My fear is you will push an agenda which violates all of us as small landowners rights. I’m sure you wouldn’t want anyone crossing at will across your front yard or the entitlement attitude. Listen closely to what Randy says in his YT video around the 14 minute mark. We also could have Court cases go against us or even Legislation go the other way as the Stockgrowers Association, Oil and Gas and large landowners try and push their agenda. Consensus building and fortifying private landowner rights must be looked at from all angles or we will suffer the consequences of stripping our own private property rights. I certainly don’t want anyone camping in my backyard without permission, how about you?

Is he still talking?
Yeah, calling people a “Dick” is so classy, and shows such character.View attachment 196052
When you dismissed my viewpoint by insulting my intelligence, were you expecting obsequiousness in return? You want classy responses, then provide some yourself. Though you’re now on my ignore list, so not an annoyance I’ll have to see anymore.

Is he still talking?

When you dismissed my viewpoint by insulting my intelligence, were you expecting obsequiousness in return? You want classy responses, then provide some yourself. Though you’re now on my ignore list, so not an annoyance I’ll have to see anymore.
Not expecting obsequiousness but your unctuousness is apparent

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back