Yeti GOBOX Collection

Cool Story

Lawnboy

[/ATTACH]

There's nothing more fun than watching the hunting excitement grow with youngsters.

Attachments

• BODE and BRANDON OCT 2014.jpg
    BODE and BRANDON OCT 2014.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 421
You are absolutely right Bart.

http://www.nwtfs.org/history

The kid deer hunt alone has involved over 1500 youths during the past 30 years I've been a member. This year an all girl youth hunt was added. These hunts draw about 50 kids from our community and surrounding areas. I still get letters from some of them. Hunter ed classes, shooting sports, fishing events,mentoring, etc.

Montana provides Hunter Education program graduates a free hunting license for their first year. It includes conservation license, fishing license, deer, elk, and upland bird hunting license. They appreciate it much ... and so do I.

I don't know of anything in Virginia, but if sombody does will you let me know here or p.m. me. What an awesome story, thanks for posting!!!!!!!!

Taking a kid ouy helps keep you young I think!

Attachments

• KIMG0224.jpg
    KIMG0224.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 310
The National Wildlife Refuge that is located in my former patrol area, has a Jr. Waterfowl Program. Up to 30 kids can sign up for the one day training course held in August, that includes waterfowl ID, shotgun patterning (their shotgun), shooting clay birds, water safety, regulations, etc. The kids then draw for blinds in the "closed" area of the Refuge where only the kids are allowed to hunt on specific days during the season. Great program !! Started around 1976. I have personally guided 7 kids through the program in addition to being a training day instructor for over 25 years.

The state where I live also has a youth deer hunting weekend prior to the general rifle season. I was once approached by a man I had arrested several times for poaching deer. He asked me to guide his son during the youth weekend to show the boy, "how to do it right". I guided the boy for two years. We had a great time and he killed deer both years. The young man, now married, is an accomplished deer hunter traveling to several states each year.

Want to have some fun ? Take a kid hunting !!!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back