Yeti GOBOX Collection

Cool Elk Pics

Canoe

I just received this from a friend of mine. I don't know anyone involved personally, but here is what they wrote:

This is a photo of an elk shot by bowhunter, Ed Schaffer, in Powder River County last week. The two elk were locked horns, one was dead already. Probably asphixiated or died of a broken neck. Ed harvested the live one with his bow and arrow. They are both his animals to keep because the other died of natural causes. He plans to have them mounted as they are. Is this incredible or what? Probably not something you will ever see more than once in a lifetime.

lockedelk1.jpg

lockedelk2.jpg

Looks like one of them may have been chocked to death from the antlers wrapped around his neck to me.

Oscar, I posted it here first. See I can be loyal sometimes....

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-06-2002 12:51: Message edited by: Canoe ]</font>

Wow, that's awesome! It'll be a great mount, but he's gonna need a big corner in his house!

Oak

CO, I would have to cut the roof off of my house just to get that thing inside! Sure would be neat to have hanging on the wall though...

That is a cool picture and will make a fantastic mount without a doubt. Looks like something from Ripley's Believe it or Not show.

"probably something you'll never see more than once in a lifetime" (or something like that). But no, just north of there a kid had the same scenario, in the Bull Mts just out of Billings!

Amazing.

That would be a great mount..My question is, how did they get locked together in the position they are. One looks like it would have had to be piggy back upside down...? ;)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back