Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Convincing the wife to move..

I’ve never understood how people live in MT, WY, ID, and CO and don’t ski, sled, etc. You essentially have 9 snow months and people want to move to the rockies for the 3 months of summer.

I want to move up to AK, my wife is very hesitant, in the next couple of years we are going to go up in dec for a week when the days are the shortest and see how we feel. If it’s not somewhere my wife is going to be happy living it’s off the table.
I gotta figure out how to get mine out of NC and Alaska sounds good cause I can hunt sheep and goats every year. The record rain fall we had from September through March should have prepped me good lol now if I can just get used to cold as well. Seriously though. I often wonder why a hunter like me would not try to move closer to the game they love to pursue. My wife is in the medical field ( respiratory therapist ) and I’m an automotive technician. Those jobs are useful anywhere in the world. I gotta look into this more.

@CB1 really really be sure you and your wife love winter...

My deck currently

Calling for 6inches here 18inches in the mts, Arapahoe Basin is staying open through June.

Same thing happens in Montana all the time.

Personally I love it... but I guarantee the Texas cohort in the office will be a giant pile of whine when they struggle in tomorrow at 9:45.

Oklahoma fellas are just stoked we don’t have twisters... so trade offs lol

Reactions: CB1
If you have to convince her, don’t. Make the decision together based upon mutual needs, wants, and interests. Don’t overlook proximity to family, as it will almost guaranteed factor in your life at some point.

We’ve made some major moves in our 25 years. Some where all of our family and friends thought it was a great ideas and others I’m sure they were thinking WTF?

Wherever you land, make the most of it. Good luck.

Add Red Lodge to your list. Personally, and on limited knowledge, I would skip Billings.

No doubt. I stayed in Red Lodge on my way out of Yellowstone a few years back. If there would have been work available...I'd be typing this from Red Lodge.

Yeah there are a host of places I would live if only there was work there for me. But then, if there was work, the places would be jam-packed with people and not nearly so nice.

Might be a great place to retire to though. Maybe. It's on a list.

I just want to throw out this idea. SW Idaho, around Boise if you can find a job. It’s a city that grows quite a bit every year. The winters are like a southern state. We didn’t hardy get any snow. Maybe 2 times and it melted that day. Most weather is above freezing for the highs during the winter. My wife is a woose when it comes to snow and cold and she likes it here for the most part. Good luck
Matt

Reactions: CB1
I just want to throw out this idea. SW Idaho, around Boise if you can find a job. It’s a city that grows quite a bit every year. The winters are like a southern state. We didn’t hardy get any snow. Maybe 2 times and it melted that day. Most weather is above freezing for the highs during the winter. My wife is a woose when it comes to snow and cold and she likes it here for the most part. Good luck
Matt

Reported

The worst part of living in Montana during the winter months is the optimism of people like Nameless.

Good advice on this thread. Be honest & make it a team decision. And Billings is a cool town. I'd live there before Bozeman or Missoula.

The worst part of living in Montana during the winter months is the optimism of people like Nameless.

Good advice on this thread. Be honest & make it a team decision. And Billings is a cool town. I'd live there before Bozeman or Missoula.

Lamb where are you gonna get PITTED in Billings...Red Lodge... boooooooooo

Likely the only pic of the misses that will be making an appearance on the forum...

Matt
That was another place on the list. It would give the benefits of a city but plenty of outdoor opportunity. The milder weather would probably be easier for her to handle. We would like to try and visit later in the year. I currently just need to be near an airport for work. Is it difficult to find work Boise compared to other places in the west?

That was another place on the list. It would give the benefits of a city but plenty of outdoor opportunity. The milder weather would probably be easier for her to handle. We would like to try and visit later in the year. I currently just need to be near an airport for work. Is it difficult to find work Boise compared to other places in the west?

Depends on the field of work you are in. Boise airport will get you a lot of places. June and September, October are great months. This year March was really nice! Fished a lot!
Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back