Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Controversial Recipe Ingredients

Not a “need”, but a peppercorn sauce on a nice rare steak is pretty damned good.
IMHO, a good chunk of beef, properly prepared, (aged, cut, grilled on a mesquite fire) needs only salt and pepper and maybe a pat of butter is all that's necessary.

I personally think you could grill a pine board over a mesquite fire an have a tasty meal! 😀!

Roasted fennel or anise & root veggies is pretty good with venison or wild pork roast. Good stuff in real Italian salami,fennel seed.
I love any kind of olives.
I sometimes make chile, with beans in them. Never corn tho.

Sometimes I have to use A1 when I eat at the neighbors.......but they use cloves in everything and eat pineapple too.
I keep my anti religion to myself an pick through the meal.

but they use cloves in everything
I like clove flavor and I've had it in soups and stews and a very minor part but on everything...that would be a tough one!

Guys what about cinnamon on venison steaks? I saw it somewhere (possibly meateater) but never tried it for fear of either liking it or fear of ruining meat.

I like clove flavor and I've had it in soups and stews and a very minor part but on everything...that would be a tough one!

Guys what about cinnamon on venison steaks? I saw it somewhere (possibly meateater) but never tried it for fear of either liking it or fear of ruining meat.
For some crazy reason I tried cinnamon in some fish batter once. That will never happen again.

I did a cinnamon clove deer roast w gravy for my folks once. I was the only dissenting vote on outcome. Overpowering spice,I could barely taste the meat. But mom & dad really liked it. Mom would cover a ham in cloves. LOL

I've blown a few tries at a Cumberland sauce with too much odd spices. Same with jam sauces.

Pork roast with apricot/chiopolte & a pinch of cinnamon is great. Even better on thick grilled chops.

As my Mom got older....and older, the higher the percentage grew of food items she would combine that were just disgusting. White beans, ground turkey, water & chili powder was supposed to be chili. 1 pouch Rice noodles, 2 large cans pineapple, 2 jars sweet & sour sauce, and 3 diced chicken fingers was supposed to be some kinda Chinese dish. I can remember some things & evets all the way back to when I was 3 (65 now) and to this date I will Not put anything made with Mayo in my mouth. Substitute sour cream and I'm cool.

As my Mom got older....and older, the higher the percentage grew of food items she would combine that were just disgusting. White beans, ground turkey, water & chili powder was supposed to be chili. 1 pouch Rice noodles, 2 large cans pineapple, 2 jars sweet & sour sauce, and 3 diced chicken fingers was supposed to be some kinda Chinese dish. I can remember some things & evets all the way back to when I was 3 (65 now) and to this date I will Not put anything made with Mayo in my mouth. Substitute sour cream and I'm cool.
I do still like my mayo on a few things.
But Mom was a buckeye and thinking back it was scary what could show up in my lunch sack. Like peanut butter & mayo.............or a dill pickle & PB. Chile could have anything in it but much real chili.

I do still like my mayo on a few things.
But Mom was a buckeye and thinking back it was scary what could show up in my lunch sack. Like peanut butter & mayo.............or a dill pickle & PB. Chile could have anything in it but much real chili.
Peanut butter, mayo and dill pickle on white bread has always been a favorite of mine. I like your mom.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back