Controversial Recipe Ingredients

I don't understand why people like guacamole. It's not bad, but it's flavorless. And I damn sure ain't paying extra for it. If I'm going to dip a chip in something, I want it to have some flavor.

I don't understand why people like guacamole. It's not bad, but it's flavorless. And I damn sure ain't paying extra for it. If I'm going to dip a chip in something, I want it to have some flavor.

bad guacamole is definitely flavorless

good guacamole is far from flavorless - cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, onioin, salt, red pepper...... maybe some tomato if you're a crazy person

Sad. If it’s good guacamole, it’s anything but flavorless.

Geez, you struck a nerve with some of us there 🤣

Time to lose some respect (if I had any to begin with).

Cilantro tastes like Palmolive dish soap.

Bell peppers are poison (as in "head to the ER").

Raw/pickled peppers are poison (fully cooked is ok).

Raw onions are not edible.

Mayo has no place in my home, and neither does anyone that brings it into my home.

Ranch is about the same.

Corn doesn't belong in salsa or chili.

McDonald's is neither "food" nor "edible".

IPAs are the worst style of beer, and most places cover up terrible beer with an obscene amount of bittering hops. Guinness is the antithesis of that.

Pineapple goes on pizza. Hot sauce goes on popcorn. Oysters are delicious. Fried chicken gizzards are a delicacy. Frog legs have no equal. Antelope beats venison. Texas brisket beats KC (excluding burnt ends), Memphis has the best ribs.

That's... that's about it...

A slice of cheddar on a piece of apple pie,
Turkey and jelly sandwich
Jalapeno, cheese and jelly on a cracker

I used to have a cilantro and an IPA aversion but somehow I have learned to love them both.
So down with the sharp cheddar and apple pie. One time, as an ice-breaker on a conference call, we had to explain our favorite part of our Thanksgiving meal. Naturally, I said cheese and pie. Everyone erupted, told me I was a repulsive human and that I should be ashamed of myself.

Turns out, it's an old-world tradition. Most commonly practiced in this country in New England / Pennsylvania / New York. You originally from that region?

I truly feel bad for so many of you missing out on some great food! I’ll see if I can pick out a few that were mentioned:

Hawaiian pizza was a family favorite growing up. It’s ok by me, BUT two ingredients make it better! In addition to the regular Canadian bacon and pineapple, add regular bacon and jalapeños. Local restaurante called it the “Fat Hawaiian” and I’m a big fan.

I didn’t know what a taco was supposed to be before I I added cilantro and avocado/guacamole. Best enjoyed with a pale ale of some sort.

Must be a texture thing, but sour cream, Mayo, and even ranch has been avoided for most of my life. Though I’m coming around to ranch on a salad.

Tomatoes are wonderful fresh from the garden, in pasta, and even in ketchup occasionally, but tomato soup is not worth having unless it’s the smallest amount to add to a grilled cheese.

Mushrooms belong on more dishes than off them.

I'm not saying it's for everyone, but this recipe with garden fresh tomatoes is awesome. Especially if you really roast the onion and tomato hard.

I guess I need to apologize for my guacamole comment. I still don't care for it.
Don't apologize for the comment, apologize for the poor, sad life you've lived LOL.

Or, rather, hunt down some proper guacamole. Preferably made in front of you in a giant wooden bowl and a paddle on the street or in a truck.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back